Shooting Star

Lucy POV

There was a time where I felt like everything was impossible. I thought that death was only a myth, that I would be immortal and live forever.

But then my mom died. And later my dad.

I thought that love was something people faked. Until my dad cries for my mom.

Until I met Natsu.

And now I felt that feeling that everything I thought was a lie. Because I was dead and could never say a true goodbye to Natsu.

I didn't know if my friends were dead or alive or if Natsu even cared that I had pretty much killed myself to stop everyone else from dying. It was like one of those cheesy romance novels where the hero sacrifices himself to the villain to save the princess. However the princess dies anyways and it was for nothing.

Five minutes ago, or whatever time had passed, my mind had been unlocked out of the dark void and into a valley filled with Sakura trees, pastel petals floating towards the ground.

There were no cuts or bruises on my body, my skin soft and supple against the floral dress that had replaced the torn white one.

This time it was sleeveless and purposely unevenly ripped on the bottom, the silk fading from a deep pink to a deep purple towards the bottom. There was no shoes but a simple anklet that Levy had given me. My hair was left long and straight but part of it had been pulled back with a beautiful pink flower.

Or at least that was the reflection in the glistening pond.

I didn't know why I was here since I should be stuck in a void instead of a beautiful place with flowers.

The stupid trees reminded me of the tree that Natsu had uprooted for me when I was too sick for the celebration a while ago.

Slowly, tears began to stream down my cheeks until I was full on sobbing, my face in my hands as I knelt in the clearing.

"Luce?"

My mouth froze, my tears stopping, my ears perked to listen. It was his voice. The boy I never thought I would see again.

I heard footsteps on the grass and slowly began to turn around. A boy stood several feet away, the sun illuminating him. His salmon hair blew back softly in the wind, his onyx eyes wide and passionate. Unlike me, there were scars, cuts, bruises, and bandages covering him.

His scarf was perfectly placed so it folded over his heart.

"N–Natsu?" I stuttered.

He took a step closer and I slowly stood, the dress fluttering closer. "This is a dream," I whispered.

By now he was merely a foot away from me, and I could see every detail I had ever noticed about him, engraved in my mind.

He stepped forward as places his hand gently to my face, cupping my cheek. "No it isn't, Luce. Xerneas helped me get here. It's a vision allowing me to talk to you."

Then I remembered.

Earlier when I had been imprisoned and he had appeared in a dream.

Then I knew it was real.

"Oh, Natsu!" I said happily as I hurried forward and wrapped my arms around him, laughing into the crook of his neck.

"I found you Luce."

We stood there, his arms around me and rubbing up and down my back as he nuzzled his face into my hair.

"How is everyone?" I whispered.

Then he stiffened.

"Wendy and Xerneas are dead. They died resurrecting everyone. Everyone except you and we still have our injuries."

Everything began to click in my mind. The train ride with the stunning man, the woman who taught me relics, the visions, the scarf.

"Natsu I need you to do something."

"What, Luce?" He whispered, sending chills up my spine.

"You're scarf. It is closest to the dragons which was what killed me. Makarov raised our guild and was like a grandfather to all of us. The only way to save Fairy Tail is to sacrifice the guild so this doesn't happen again. The scarf there is a spell to cast to bring me to life. Xerneas told me about all of this before I came back to Fairy Tail."

He stood slack jawed as he listened, rubbing my back. Then his chest began to become transparent.

"Natsu! The vision is ending!"

He nodded sadly. "I'll do the spell and tell Makarov."

"Natsu I—"

"I love you Luce. I love you so goddamn much that I would do anything for you. I hope this works."

Then he was gone.

-----__-----

No POV

Natsu woke up, red tinged on his face, his eyes bright. Erza rushed up to him and wrapped her arms around him, surprising everyone.

"Well what did you learn?" Happy asked as he comforted Carla.

"I have to say a spell with my scarf to save her since it's the closest link to us and the dragons. However our guild must be sacrificed and the only person who could do that is—"

"Me."

Makarov steppes forward and placed a hand over his heart. "Mavis told me about this a long time before I met you kiddos. That a celestial wizard would save the world but not the guild, that I would have to save the dragons themselves since our guild is close to them. It was about time for a new guild master anyways," He said with a chuckle.

"Natsu is this true?" Gajeel asked with small fear in his eyes.

Natsu nodded sadly along with Makarov as the guild sat in stunned silence.

"But you can't die, Master?" Gildarts whispered. Cana bit her bottom lip and leaned towards her father, wrapping a small arm around her. Everyone was scared for the cold truth of their guild and sat silently.

"Who would replace you?" Levy rasped. A cough exited from her throat causing Gajeel to wrap his arms protectively around her frail body.

"I have thought about this for a while along with consulting Mavis and the Magic Council. The replacement has proved his maturity and how much he cares about his guild. So I have chosen Natsu as my replacement."

Natsu let a small smile appear on his face as he bowed to the old guild master. "Thank you."

"I know appoint you as Fairy Tails new guild master."

The screams of the guild were apparent as the left in a brilliant ray of light .

Then he was gone.