His Scarf

Song for this chapter is Weeping Willow by The Hush Sound

Natsu

"What have I done?" I said to myself as Lucy confidently walked out of the guild. I knew she acted brave but deep down she was hurting. I was about to go after her but someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I cringed at Erzas angry expression.

"This is all because of you!" She yelled. Happy backed away, holding his tail in fear.

"Scary Erza," He said softly. Carla and Pantherlily flew to Happy and dragged him away.

"C'mon Tomcat. Let's not dwaddle!" Carla chirped. When Erza yelled at me, the whole guild looked at me with shock.

"You did this?" Levy whispered as a tear slipped from her eye. I couldn't move since I was too shocked to even say a word.

I gulped when the short bluenette stormed over and slapped me clear across the face. "Selfish jerk," She muttered. Gajeel smirked and followed Levy when she left. Gray shook his head and went to sit down by a shocked Juvia. Mira smiled sadly at me when Erza let me go and collapsed against the wall.

"Maybe it was for the best," Mira said sweetly. I nodded before running out the guild doors. Maybe if I caught up to Lucy in time, I could stop her. I knew for a fact that she had enough time to stop in her apartment so I ran there.

"Lucy!" I yelled as I barged through the door, sending wood everywhere. The apartment was completely empty but looked exactly the same as before except there was a pile of papers on the bed. I sucked in a breath and examined it, finding two notes.

Dear Fairy Tail,

I know Natsu will find this first so Natsu
Make sure to tell them about why I completely
Left. Im heading out to train since I'm weak
Which is why you kicked me out. I love all
Of you and I might be back eventually.
I will miss my best friends, even Natsu
Even though he was the one making me
Leave.

Love,
Lucy

_________________________________________

Dear Levy,

Here is my book even though I didn't
completely finish it but you can probably
fix my mistakes. I'm sorry I had to leave
You but I was miserable. Take care of
Everyone for me.

Love,
Lucy

_________________________________________

I felt something wet on my face and quickly wiped my tears. Why did I say that mean stuff to Lucy?

"You know I forgive you for what you did."

I sniffled and gasped when I saw her leaning against the door. Lucy was still wearing exactly what she wore earlier except she had her hair in a braid which I've never seen her wear before. She had a small smirk that reminded me of the Lucy in Edolas.

"I thought you left," I muttered as I ran my fingers through my hair. She gave me a sad smile before walking over and kissed the top of my head.

"I knew you would be here and besides the train leaves at 5:00 so I thought I would say my final goodbye to you."

I nodded before quickly putting my arms around her. "I regret everything I said but I know that you will be back. You can't leave your best friends forever," I told her. She smiled before turning away and gave fairy tails salute.

"Bye Luce." I whispered as I watched her leave.

Lucy

I held back tears as I calmly walked away from Natsu and from my home. Before I was too far away, I could faintly hear Natsu whisper goodbye which sent me into tears. I knew where I was going for now.

I could be gone a month, a year, a decade possibly. I hoped for the year since that would be perfect for me but there was someone I wanted to visit in Anistar City which was on the edge of Fiore.

I boarded the train but then saw Natsu outside the window when it moved. I quickly opened the window and stuck my head out.

"Luce! Take this!" He yelled as he ran. Suddenly he threw up the scarf the Igneel had given him and I grabbed it and felt tears. He was tearing up too.

Then he was gone as the train sped away. I wrapped the scarf around my neck and cried when I smelled his smoky scent.

I will come back for you Natsu.