❥ Why Don't You Love Me | H.C.R. [Part 2]

[AN: So a part two was requested from two readers and I'll tag them later. Some will get happy endings; and others won't because let's face it, life isn't a fairytale. I will pick up from where I left off and add on from there―so you have to read Part 1 first. And also, this is in your p.o.v.!]

Tony:

His gaze didn't waver, not once. Occasionally I'd steal glances instead of answering the question at hand. Our bodies pressed against each other as the music took control until Tony, unexpectedly, broke away from me. "You didn't answer my question, [y/n]. What are we? I need an answer. Just because I'm Tony Stark―genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, doesn't mean I can't care for someone," he explains. I backed away slowly in an attempt to run. "J.A.R.V.I.S., please shut all doors. I'm holding Ms. [y/n] until she answers my question." Great. "Just answer my question and then you can leave, okay?" Tony mockingly asks. It feels as if the cat really did get my tongue as of now.

"Why can't you trust me, [y/n]? I won't break your heart and leave you like some people did. I'm not like that; and you know it," he says. "No one knows what's going to happen tomorrow, or even today. What if you just suddenly, inexplicably fall out of love with me? Hm? What then? I'll be left alone, just like all your other women." He looks shocked and aghast when I speak those words.

"Y―you're different; and that's why I wanted to do this tonight." Tony bent and got down on his one knee. "[y/n] [m/n] [l/n], will you do the honor of marrying me? I know life with me hasn't always been exactly easy but if you truly love me, we'll make it through. Maybe someday, I'll break down your barriers as well―after 2 years."

I cry tears of joys to myself and latch onto Tony the second he stands up. "You're my everything too, Tony. It's just that... I was scared of being used and left aside like I always am. But being with you makes me even more defensive because I love you so much that I feel the need to be perfect," I honestly explain.

Steve:

"What do you mean by that?" Jessie asked me. How would I explain to my best friend that I'm in love with her fiancé? I could feel Steve glare at me with immense intensity. "Nothing," I lied. She kissed him but he didn't kiss back. "What's wrong, sweetie?" Jessie asked Steve. He walked away from us both. "Steve? Steve," she called out to him.

Before Steve left Jessie, he took a hold of my arm and dragged me along. The look in his eyes scared me―full of anger and, what I assumed as, hurt. "Why do you do that to me?" He asks, whilst pushing me against a wall where none could find, or notice, us. "Do what? You're the one who dragged me here!" Steve bit his lip and slammed me back a second time.

His lips traveled to my neck, taking in my 'scent.' "I'm truly, madly, deeply in love with you, [y/n]. Jessie... She... I, um. Well, i kind of used her to get close to you but as we got closer, you seemed to drift off so I thought you didn't feel the same as me. I have to tell you this before we go through with this so tell me, is there potential for an us?" Steve asks. I'm gobsmacked and speechless. "Is it true?" Jessie asks from behind him, bawling as her makeup spread down her face. "There is."

Bruce:

'It is hell without Bruce but I will survive,' I convince myself. I've called Tony many times in order to check up on my former fiancé turned ex. Seems to him that Bruce has went under depression and needs some serious medical attention. "Well, have you tried to get him out of that damned room?" I asked. Apparently he hadn't since no answer came. I hung up, not needing this drama anymore. If it weren't for the Avengers, Bruce and I would still be together but some things just aren't meant to be. Work always came before me and that was not how a relationship should work.