❥ You're Deaf [only Tony + Steve]

Tony:

"Okay, I need your advice on women," Tony asks Natasha. "What do you need?" She offers to help him. He gets a feeling of giddiness inside while trying to get the word out.

"I met this girl," he starts,"She's beautiful and smart and makes my heart race." Tony cracks a smile at the thought of you when he first met you. "Here's the whole story:"

[flashback]

"Excuse me," Tony taps you on the back. Oblivious to him calling you out, you turn to the sight of him. The book in your hand drops after being startled. You place your hand on your heart. "I've got a lot of technology yet, somehow, I've ended up at this ancient place. Mind helping me?" He asks with intentions of getting your phone number. You slightly nod, agreeing to this request.

He talked really fast, which made it harder for you to read his lips but even if it took you a second, you managed.

"I'm looking for _________," he tells you. Unable to understand what he's said, you ask him to repeat it once again in sign language.

His face goes blank after seeing your fingers move in such a swift motion. This was quite a normal scene which occurred daily but still, you felt a twinge of pain―especially now. You thought he knew before approaching you. Your smile turned into a frown and he just smiled and passed you a piece of paper.

"Here, now we can both talk," Tony said with a cheeky grin, ignoring the obvious complication between you two. You silently giggle to yourself and give him a nod of appreciation.

'What are you looking for?' - You.
'Your phone number.' - Tony.

He chuckled, showing his pearly whites. It was adorable―the way Tony's head dipped down when he laughed.

'And why should I give it out to a complete stranger?' - You.
'Well, for starters, I'm really hot and have a charming personality; also, my name is Tony.' - Tony.

Succumbing to his plea, you wrote it down messily before making the 'call me' motion. Tony winked just before texting you from his iPhone, reading: 'Sayonara to the extremely beautiful lady who deserves a man like me.' You laugh before looking up to see Tony leaving whilst waving his hand.

[flashback ends]

"And now I need to learn how to do sign language," he explained his whole situation. "Jarvis will just tell me but it won't show me." He pouted. Natasha let out a small chuckle and spoke,"All right, fine."

Steve:

"Do you see that girl over there?" Thor asks Steve. "She has a tendency to stare at you over and over. Is this what Tony might call: flirting?"

The buff, blond laughs to himself, shaking his head. Thor gapes at you from time to time, nudging Steve. "She is not stopping," he says to Captain America,"It is a worldly custom to greet her. Go." With an unwieldy push, Steve staggers forward and closer to you.

"Um, hi, hello, ma'am," the blushing man asks you. It sounds more muffled due to the fact of not having one hearing aid in. "Sorry, could you speak louder?" You ask in a suppressed tone of voice.

He looks around, pointing at himself. "Me?" Steve asks, your hearing aid catching his eye as he swivels his head. "Yes," you reply, assuring him.

"I was... I was wondering if you'd like to get a cup of coffee," he offers with an awkward smile. You nod your head a little too excitedly. Usually a hearing aid was enough to scare away all potential boyfriends; but this could work out and maybe, just maybe, you'd be happy.

[author's note: I've seriously given up on my 'love life'.]