Girl You Better Act Like You Know

The song I used were impossible by Shontelle and Try Sleeping with a broken heart by Alicia keys.

Its short? So is my height but shìt that ain't  changing so... anyways.

Happy Reading
-RenaeFraser

Tamia

It was now minutes to six as I was laying down on the zebra print sheets listening to some  music. I've spent most of my day away from everyone locked away in a room letting the music take over for me - loudly.

Falling out of love is hard
Falling for betrayal is worse
Broken trust and broken hearts
I know, I know

As the singer sung her way into my broken heart I snuggled under the covers while my tears fell freely onto the pillow.

Thinking all you need is there
Building faith on love and words
Empty promises will wear
I know, I know

I laid there and began reminiscing on the times we had together, I honestly thought we were happy but I guess my eyes and heart saw what they wanted to see instead of what was really going on.

I feel so stupid

There was a knock at the door "Tamia can we come in."

"No." I shouted over the music falling in deeper into the many pillows.

"No? She in my r- Bìtch you in my room I can do whatever the fu-" she paused as the the door nub jiggled.

Did I mention it was Serai's room I've taken over.

"She locked me outta my own room, ain't that some shìt."

"Serai you ain't helping."

"You right, Tammy unlock the door please."

Getting up outta the bed with my hair in a messy bun in my marvel pajamas the covers still wrapped around me I opened the door before getting back in bed.

"Why is it so dark in here." Toya asked opening the blinds.

"Are those used tissues on my zebra print covers, eww." Taking the small trash bin located in the corner of the room she took a clean tissue using it as protection as she took my used tissues off her precious bed.

"How you feeling mama?" Toya asked rubbing my back, it brought back memories of Kevin doing the exact same thing a few days ago after I had one of my early morning toilet visit because of lovebug.

"Fine."

"Fine enough to eat this turkey sandwich for us."

"I'm not hungry."

"We ain't ask you all that, now sit up and eat it before I make you." Serai snapped getting close to me.

"I said-"

"Girl you better act like you know, don't make me put my hair into a ponytail cause I came ready." She showed me the hairband around her wrist.

Sitting up I take the plate from Toya breaking the sandwich in half before I began eating.

"See was that so hard." I simply rolled my eyes when a new song started playing.

Even if you were a million miles away
I could still feel you in my bed
Near me, touch me, feel me
And even at the bottom of the sea
I could still hear inside my head
Tellin' me, touch me, feel me

"In here listening to all them damn breakup songs, you stronger than this Tammy."

"I know." I spoke quietly chewing my food .

"Here don't need you choking now." Toya hands me a Snapple.

"Thanks."

"Its time to get you out this funk."

"How?" I asked as the door bell rung.

"That's how let me get that." She said leaving to go answer the door.

"Everything is gonna work out, I promise." Serai said stealing a piece of my sandwich.

"I wished I believed that." I quietly answered.

Getting up she went to her drawers she opened one taking a few items out before closing the drawer placing them at the foot of the bed before going into her closet coming out with a duffel bag and sneakers.

"What are you doing, are you going somewhere?"

"Yeah, cheerleading practice."

"Oh."

She stopped what she was doing just looking at me .

"Its just for a few hours we got that outta state game coming up I need all the practice I can get, plus with what Toya got planned I'm not even suppose to be around."

"What's that."

"Birthday party planning."

"Oh my god, I forgot I'm sorry Serai."

"Are you kidding, with what just got dumped on your lap I didn't expect you to and I was cool with it Toya however got some plans for y'all."

"Look how here y'all." Amy walked in.

"Hey guys, how you doing Tamia."

"I'm still living."

"Okay well in out see y'all later love you sistas and sister bye."

"Oh you finished the sandwich that's great, you wanna get started on the party or-"

"Did we make a final decision on the invitations."

"Yes the-" I held up my hand.

"BYE-" There was a bang I guess she dropped her bag.

"Serai get that ass on!"

"Dang I'm going , shìt."

What were you saying?"

"Yeah we chose the toe tags."

"And the venue?"

"Its narrow down to two spots both extremely creepy."

"Food."

"Its gonna be a lot of DIYs but the cakes are ordered and will be ready for the party."

"Great, what's next on list."

"Our costumes."

"Y'all know what y'all wanna be." I asked them both.

"I don't know yet being pregnant limits your options."

"You Ames."

"Something cute but scary."

"I was going to do the whole couple costume thing but I guess that's off the table." I gave a weak smile.

"I'm sorry Tamia." Amy mumbled.

"Don't be, everything happens for a reason, right?"

"Right." They both answered together.

"Lets take a look at that guess list to make sure Serai didn't add nobody else."

Taking the list from her all I could think was all I had to do was to keep busy I'll be fine eventually.

Kevin POV next