t w o

Chapter 2

Harry's point of view

Claire. Of course. I remember Louis telling me about his sister. Ugh, i didn't even suspect anything when she said her name was Claire. The obscene thoughts have already wrapped my mind, and i'm going to live with this girl for the next two weeks. I don't know how i will be able to control myself.

Then again, i never do.

I'm in the car, driving home to get my bags, and i can't seem to get her out of my head. It's not like me to do this, i need to do something about it. I could run by a club or something and pick up a girl, but i'm just too tired. I keep picturing her pretty face, with her shy attitude... Goddammit, i'm a terrible friend. It's Louis sister for god sake! I exhale in frustration, driving into my driveway.

‹›

‹›

Claire's point of view

"Why didn't you tell me that he was going to live with us?" i ask Louis in frustration, whilst getting in the car headed back to the house. No guy has ever affected me the way Harry Styles have, and i can't understand why. I don't understand my irrational reaction... What was that?

"Sorry i forgot," he shrugs. I sigh, strapping on my seatbelt as the car starts moving forward. We arrive soon after, and i slip off my heels from my aching feet just as we enter the driveway. I exit the car and hurry up inside and up the stairs, longing to get out of the dress and go to sleep. Its 12 am, and i have to struggle to keep my eyes open. The party was great, but exhausting. And i'd like to get as much serene time as i can before Harry moves in.

Maybe i'm overanalyzing things. I mean, he was really nice to me, i don't know why i'm reacting this way. But i feel so uneasy around him, and its brand new to me. Feeling nervous and squirmy around a guy. Ugh, how can i even be thinking this? It's Louis' best friend, and Harry would never go for anyone like me. I try to shake the thought off, slipping into bed and bringing out my phone to play Candy Crush, to try to focus on anything but him.

Ten minutes in, i hear the tantalizing sound of the doorbell, signalizing that the rest time i'm here, he will be in the next room. I lock my phone and try to sleep with my pounding heart, still not calmed from meeting him. I hear the murmurs from downstairs, the friendly greetings, moving to the kitchen and then upstairs in the room next to mine. I hear Louis explaining where things are and such, and then the door shuts. It's dead silent, I only hear his lonely footsteps from beyond the blocking wall. I plug in my headphones to listen to my sleep-playlist to cancel the sounds from his room, and i soon drift off.

‹›

‹›

"Morning sunshine," i hear Louis shout from the door, and i release a tired groan from my bed. My body slowly wakes up, and i get out of bed to get dressed and head downstairs to get breakfast. I get to the kitchen, and the first thing that meets my eye is the broad back, sitting on the barstool. I totally forgot that he lives here now. He turns around and leans his elbows back on the island counter.

"Good morning Claire," he nods with a smirk. The one sentence from him makes all my muscles clench, and i struggle to breathe as i make my way to the fridge.

"Morning Harry," i say, trying to act nonchalant as i grab a carton of juice and pour it into a glass.

"D'you want eggs?" Louis asks, turning on the stove.

"Yes please," i answer and sit down on the barstool furthest away from Harry. I sip my juice in peace and try to ignore the constant stare from his intense green eyes. Louis cracks two eggs into a pan, and Harry takes a bite of his toast, thankfully taking his eyes off me. Ugh, i can't even be in the same room as him without my speech stuttering and my breath hitch. Louis slides the egg onto a plate and throws a piece of bacon on it. He hands me the plate, and he clamps his hands together.