f o u r t y f o u r

CHAPTER 44

Claire's point of view

Without opening my eyes, I can feel his gaze on me. I hear his steady and light breath, and I feel his hands stroking my hair. I keep my eyes closed as I sigh blissfully, stretching out on the bed.

I move closer to his body, sliding my palms over his chest, to around his back. I pull him close, snuggling up close and squeezing tightly. I hear his strained laugh as I hold way-too-tightly.

"Morning," his raspy voice sends tingles through me.

"Morning," I respond, finally opening my eyes to look at his puffy eyes.

"Last night was amazing... you were amazing," he says, making my mouth widen into a proud grin as my senses slowly awakens.

"You too, I... loved it, and I love you," I return, and he smirks without opening his eyes.

I hear his thumping heart.

I smell his cologne.

I feel his skin pressed up against mine.

I see his eyes, melting me.

We lay there for about 20 minutes, slowly but surely waking up as we warm each other.

"Ready for the day?" I ask, looking at his closed eyes, a never ending smile on his face.

"Mhhh, no," he grunts, childishly never wanting to leave the bed. I lean my head down, laughing.

"Can we just stay here?" He asks, opening his eyes. And I see that he is almost serious.

"Aww I would love to Harry, but we both have things to do today and it's already one o'clock," I nudge him, and he groans with a smile. He throws the duvet over us, and pulls me close. He kisses me, moving his hands down to my lower back, arching my back. The light coming from the window lights up the room, even under the covers.

"Stop, we have to get up," I laugh as I push him back, but he refuses to let me go. He drags me back over to him.

"Oh no you don't," he breathes and kisses my neck. I put my hands on the back of his head, running my fingers through his hair. I back away, looking into his eyes and silence takes over. I trace my index finger across the outline of his butterfly tattoo, as he stares intently at me.

"Stop staring at me," I nag with a laugh.

"I won't, I want to look at you all the time," he says, reminding me of the time he came home to Louis drunk, nearly unable to walk.

"What is that look?" I ask, noticing a gleam in his eyes I've never seen before.

"I'm happy," he shrugs, kissing me again.

"Me too," I smile, looking intently at the two swallows on his chest.

"I'm getting you a surprise for tonight," he says, stroking my hands as I trace the tattoos.

I grunt, cringing at the word surprise. I've really had enough of those the last month. Plus, I don't know how to react when someone surprises me with something. I always am super awkward when receiving gifts.

"What's tonight?" I ask curiously, still clinging on to his body.

"I thought we could go out," he suggests with a smile, kissing my forehead.

"Not anywhere public though," he frowns, and I'm reminded of the last time went out. It's where I met Zayn.

Just thinking of his name makes me shudder and feel sick. They still haven't caught him.