s e v e n t e e n

Chapter 17

Claire's point of view

I can't even take a few seconds to wake up before Louis makes it to the side of the bed and rips Harry's arms from me, and the bang from his body hitting the floor is louder than i'd thought. I push the duvet off of me as i see Harry open his eyes and stand up, with Louis ready for the next punch, clenching his fists in the air.

"Louis, stop!" is all i can manage to say as his second punch lands straight on his face, and Harry does nothing to defend himself, taking each punch.

"Don't hurt him" my voice cracks as make it out of the bed and attempt to push Louis away from Harry.

"Get out, go to your room," Louis hisses at me as his enraged eyes only stare at Harry. I try to get in between them, but Louis pushes me away. His glare meets my teary eyes for a second and i grip his shirt, in an attempt to pull him away from Harry, but he doesn't budge.

"Get the fuck out!" he shouts as his wide eyes go back on Harry. Looking at him now, this is the first time i've been truly scared of him. I don't want to leave, i'm afraid of what he might do to Harry if i'm not here. I continue to try to push him away, until i feel Harry's hand wrapping around my wrist, and i turn around to look him straight in the eye. I can already see a bead of blood dripping down from his nose.

"Go. It's okay," he says quietly, looking sternly at me with the drop of blood hitting the floor. At the same time, my tear leaves my cheek and hits the floor as i hear Louis breathing heavily, ready for the next swing at Harry's face.

"Baby, go," he says again, and the tears continue to brim my eyes as i slowly back away, nodding and doing as i'm told. All i can seem to do now is stare at him as his stare leaves my eyes and they meet Louis' eyes.

"Louis, you need to listen to Cla-" he tries to speak before Louis fist collides with his nose, and i can hear it through the whole room, and i can't do anything about it.

"I fucking trusted you!" Louis shouts at him, as he grabs the collar of Harry's shirt and brings his face inches from his. The tension in this room is almost unbearable. The air is thick, and every inch of my body is clouded with panic. My palms are sweaty and i feel my muscles weaken with the fear of Harry getting hurt. I'm seriously worried about Louis' next move is. As much i want to interfere, i know he will just end up pushing me away and Harry has made it clear that he wants me to leave. But even with him and Louis asking me to do so, i can't bring myself to do it. Every second feels like an hour and i just want it to be over.

"I trusted you!" he shouts loudly, and i can feel the blood pumping in my head, as i close my eyes and hear yet another collision of fist to face. The blood runs freely from his nose now, and i just want to shout at Harry to fight back, but i don't want him to get hurt either.

"My best goddamn friend and you backstab me like this, taking advantage of my sister?" with every word that he shouts into his face, i keep waiting for Harry to stand up and for Louis to stop. But Harry is still on the floor and the only thing that is holding him up, is Louis' hand, clenched around his shirt. I lose hope for a second before Harry raises his head.

"Backstab you? How? For falling in-" Louis doesn't let him finish his sentence, and lifts him up, only to punch him in the stomach, causing Harry to fall right back on the floor. I've had enough. Im seconds away from collapsing myself, so i run between them and kneel by Harry, trying to lift him up, but he is nearly unconscious. Blood gushing out of his nose as he open his eyes to look up at me.

"Let him go and get out," Louis hisses at me, making me clench around Harry's arms, never wanting to let him go.

"Can't you see that he's taking advantage of you? You're one of hundreds, you can't trust him," each word hurts and angers me. He's talking to me as if i were a child.