f i v e

Chapter 5

Claire's point of view

The sudden loud noise from my alarm clock makes my eyes shoot open. It takes a few seconds before i realize that i'm in my own bed, and my mind immediately worries that it was all just a dream. Just like the other night. I try to develop all of my memories, and i vividly remember his scent, his lips, his hands... It couldn't have been a dream.. right? It was really nice... We didn't have sex, but we did... stuff. Well i didn't do anything, he did... Oh i get hot and sweaty just thinking about it. Just now i feel so much more comfortable around him. If it was real, why am i in my own bed? I don't remember leaving his room... i must've slept there. He must have carried me here from his room, but i don't remember that.

My mind continues battling with itself as i stare around the room and sit up against the headboard. It was real, i decide. It has to be. I was there, we were there. I feel my cheeks warm up, and i hide my face in the pillow next to me, embarrassed by the memory, even though theres no one in the room, nobody knows what i'm thinking. It all happened, but it all feels so surreal and bizarre. I came to LA to spend a few weeks with my brother, and i meet one of his best friends, and two days later i'm in his bed. And Louis has no idea. Will he ever know? I don't even want to think about that, so i quickly get out of bed and get dressed.

I get nervous just thinking about eating breakfast with Louis and Harry. Will Harry act differently? I definitely dont think he wants Louis to know what we did last night, but will he act like nothings happened? He has to try, and so do i. Louis would lose his shit if he found out. The whole situation is totally bizarre. It's all happened so fast, too fast for me to digest it. I step out into the hallway, and i begin to walk towards the stairs to get down to the kitchen.

Just as i close the door behind me and walk pass the bathroom, i feel a hand around my wrist, pulling me to my side. I find myself in the bathroom, and Harry's face soon enters my vision. I force myself to breathe, noticing the intimidated feeling in my gut. I don't get how i'm still this way around him. I know it's only been a few days, but granted the things we did last night, i would imagine that he wouldn't be as scary as he seemed when i first met him. But he does, and i don't know why. He blinks at me a few times, silence lingering in the room. He looks up and down at me, and meets my eyes with a confused look.

"Har-" i start to say before he interrupts me by letting go of my wrist and exit through the door. His fast footsteps fades away and i'm left alone with my racing thoughts. What just happened? I stare aimlessly at the almost-shut door and i get lost in my confused, bewildered, lustful thoughts.

Harry's point of view

*Six hours earlier*

Her heavy breaths soothes me as i gaze at her shut eyes. I'ts been about half an hour since she fell asleep. I didn't expect anything else, It was her first time doing... anything. Guilt washes over me as i realize the harsh truth. It surprised me that she hadn't done anything because i imagine that she must be chased by boys at home. But she's sixteen... I have robbed her of something that should be so special... I shouldn't have invited her to my room. I shouldn't have kissed her. If she knew everything about me, she wouldn't have considered coming to my room tonight. She's so innocent...

I like watching her sleep. Whenever i've had a girl in my bed, i've always had this urge to have them leave. But not this time. To my surprise, i don't want her to leave. I know she has to wake up in her own bed, otherwise Louis would find her in here with me. I don't quite know how he would react if he found about what we just did, but it wouldn't be good. He's my best friend, and Claire's is his sister. You would think that would stop me from going further than a few innocent touches at lunch, but i couldn't help myself. I just had to kiss her. I just had to touch her.

Her eyes flutter, and the guilt gnaws on my inside. First of all, she's sixteen, a teenager, still in high school. I understand that she could have me facing Louis wrath any second. She holds that power in the palm of her hands, but for some reason - i trust her. And just imagine if the press found out, i wouldn't have a career anymore, and it would be a full-blown media scandal. Second of all, it's Louis' sister, he would never in a million years even begin to understand. He'd have my head. And i didn't stop it... I couldn't. I didn't want to. Every time i see her she draws my closer, and i can't help but surrender to the growing urge to be with her.

I glance at the glowing clock at the bedside table, and my eyes widen when i see that its 6am. It's three hours till her alarm goes off, and i need to get some sleep as well. I gently tuck my hands under her neck and knees and lift her up from the bed, her long beautiful brown hair falling over my arm. She breathes heavily as i carry her through the door, and walk down the hallway to her room. Her shut eyes flutter once more as i approach the bed. She must be dreaming. About what? I've always been very good at telling what people are thinking, but not with Claire. I lay her down on the bed and cover her with the duvet. I really don't want to leave her alone, but i walk back to my room and go to sleep.

My alarm goes off and i open my eyes to the dark room. Flashes from before run through my mind as i get up. Claire, knocking on my door, her soft hair, her smooth skin... I shake my head at myself and i get dressed. Claire's probably still in her room, she always comes to breakfast after Louis and I. I get out the door and walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth, and i hear the quiet, light footsteps coming passed the bathroom door, and i don't hesitate to swing it open and pull her in. It comes as an impulse, like it's out of my control. My fingers curl around her wrist, and she looks up at me, and i freeze. Her beautiful hazel eyes shine in the poorly lit bathroom, and my gut drops. I can't do this to her, i realize. Ever since i met her, i had this internal battle with me wondering if i should "go for it". My eager and selfish side got the best of me last night. But it can't happen again. She'll only end up getting hurt, and i don't want to be the one who hurts her. I let go of her wrist and rush out of the room, leaving her alone.

I don't deserve her, we can never happen.

A/N: STILL PROCESSING THAT I HAVE 10K READS!? I really don't get that, but i enjoy writing! Please please please comment and vote! It keeps me motivated, and will lead to quicker updates;) Thank you all so much for all the reads, comments, and votes so far! Love ya xx. This chapter was really short, sorry about that:/