f o u r t y f i v e

CHAPTER 45

Harry's point of view

*1 day later*

"Ok here I go," I say, looking back at her.

"I'll walk in after 15 minutes and we'll tell him together," she comforts me. She is giving us time to talk things out. God knows we need it.

"Good luck," she whispers, and kisses me. I can't help but smile, and walk out of the car. I have to force myself to do this.

With trembling hands, I knock on the door. I feel sweat already gathering on my palms, as I wait for him to open the door.

I find myself not prepared for the scowl that lands on me after the door swings open. I try to offer a small smile like; "Hey, sorry I fucked your sister".

But his anger grows with the attempt. Maybe it's because I'm not really sorry.

"Hi Louis," I try, and he just looks at me, saying nothing.

"Can we... talk?" I ask, and he moves aside, holding his hand open. I walk past him, his stern eyes tracing me. He walks in front of me into the living room, and I follow. We sit down on the couch.

"Louis... I know you hate me," I start off, and he makes a sturgeon face.

"But I want to talk to you about Claire and-" I try, but he interrupts.

"If you're here for my blessing you're not going to get it," he says bluntly, not even blinking. I feel my eyes widen.

"N- no I'm not here to ask for permission," the words blurt out of me before I can think about what to say. His eyebrows raise, and he clenches his palm together in a fist.

"I mean, I'm here to apologize," I try again, and his face softens.

I do really feel bad about how things went down. I never wanted to hurt her, or Louis for that matter.

"I'm sorry I didn't come to you first when I first started getting feelings for her," I say, rubbing my sweaty palms on the knee of my pants.

"When did you?" he asks.

When did I get feelings for Claire? It surprises me that it's hard to answer him. I knew I loved her in the exact moment I came home from Riffs one night. I had such a godawful night, I was one anxious thought away from crumbling. I stumbled into this house, and she had run downstairs, in hopes of seeing me. She didn't know where I had been, and to see the relieved look I left on her when walking through the door... it made me feel special, important. I hadn't felt that way in a long time.

She is my only remedy.

"Because you do have feelings for her?" he nudges, with a lack of an answer.

I catch myself, looking back at up at him. He still looks displeased.

"I'm so fucking crazy about her, Louis," I admit to him, like I never have before. He examines me, his brows furrowing.

"I don't ever want to hurt her again, and I don't want anyone else to either. I won't let it happen," I stare at him, knowing how important it is for Claire for us to get along.

"I hope you will forgive me," I finally say, before I hear Claire bursting through the door.

"'Sup guys?" she lightens the room with her smile, sitting down next to me, putting a hand on my thigh. She kisses me, and looks back at Louis. He stares at her hand, then trailing his sight up to our faces.

"My best friend and my sister," Louis breathes, a strained look on his face.

"My 22 year old best friend and my 16 year old sister," he repeats, and Claire bobs her head down.