e i g h t e e n

Chapter 18

Claire's point of view

It has been a 24 hours since the picture was leaked, and i haven't eaten in hours. I snuck down to the kitchen when i heard Louis go to his room. I just can't look at him right now. I'm still in shock after what he did to Harry. I've sent multiple texts to Harry, but he hasn't answered me. I'm scared that he got seriously injured, that he had to go to the hospital. It wouldn't surprise me, not with how he looked right before Louis kicked him out.

I haven't heard a single sound from outside the room for about half an hour, so i open the door and look around. The halls are empty, and i'm tempted to go down to the kitchen to eat something, but i decide to walk into Harry's room. I close the door behind me silently and lay down on his bed. I can smell his cologne, and all i want to do, is lay here for hour. But my stomach growls and forces me to sneak down to the kitchen.

I hear my phone in my pocket and blood rushes though me as i pick it up, expecting a call from Harry. But the screen "The main bitch" and my body fills with anger. Michael. After he leaks a photo of me and Harry that i sent to him thinking i could trust him, he calls me and expects me to even acknowledge our friendship by answering. I don't think i could ever talk to him again. Not after what he did. It just seems so hard to believe. We've been best friends for over 4 years... How could he send it to TMZ?

I decline the call and open the fridge. I pick out a few things and make a sandwich. I grab a plate and turn around to get back to my room.

Louis looks at me with wide eyes, and he moves over to me for a hug. I just stand there with a sandwich in my hand, and close my eyes, waiting for this hug to end.

"Please talk to me," he says behind my shoulder and releases me. I look at him for a couple of seconds before i back up. I look him dead in the eye.

"I don't think i can. Not for a while," i try to seem upset, but my voice breaks and reveals how hurt i am. I walk past him.

"You have no right to be mad at me, Claire. I'm just protecting you!," he shouts louder than i thought he would.

"What?" i say and turn around, looking him right in the eyes again. "I have no right to be mad at you for beating my boyfriend to a bloody pulp, and threatening me to tell our parents about it? You know they probably already know, Louis. It's all over the internet. I haven't gotten one text or call. Wake up, would you? They don't care about us," i have to hold the tears back, but i'm not sad. I'm just so angry i could cry. A tear drops from his eye instead. But i feel no need to console him. I leave him and take me and my sandwich upstairs.

•

I try calling Harry for the hundredth time, but again he doesn't pick up. I just feel so helpless in this house. I feel like every one whom i hold close is against me, except Harry. Wonderful, sweet Harry. I can't take another minute in this house. I have to get out. A fresh idea pops into my head and it doesn't take long for me to find a bag and push some of my clothes into it. I walk into my bathroom and put some of the things i need into the bag and i grab my phone from my bedside table.

I call Harry's driver and it doesn't take long before i get the message that he is outside. I grab my bag and run downstairs. I hear Louis' bedroom door open as i put on my shoes.

"What do you think you are doing?" he says as he walks over to me. I tie my shoes and stand up with the bag in my hand.

"I'm leaving," i turn around and exit the house and run to the car. the door is already open and the driver is already in the front seat.

"Can you take me to Harry's house?" he nods and i close the car door right before Louis runs outside and shouts for me to get out. I ignore him as the car drives off.

Ten minutes after, i get out of the car and drag my bag to the front door. I knock first, but after a few seconds has passed, i open the door and walk inside. I walk carefully into the kitchen and drop my bag to the floor, and i walk room to room to find Harry, but i can't find him. The only room left is his bedroom, so i knock first and then enter.

His hair lays on the floor, trailing up to his bed. I fear the worst before i see him look up at me from under the covers. He cut his hair? The dried blood stains his neck and chin, and he seems very confused. He must have just gone to his house and passed out here. he has been sleeping for over 15 hours.

"Come here," i say and take his hand. He gets out of bed, still unsure of what is going on. He follows me into the bathroom and i sit him down on a stool as i find a cloth and soak it with warm water. I kneel before him and run it across his forehead, down to his cheek. He looks at me and squints his eyes, clearly in pain. I rub off the blood and rinse the small cuts with an antibacterial liquid. He moans in pain, and by instinct i kiss him.

"Shh, its okay," i say, holding back the lump in my throat. I did this to him. This is my fault. He smiles after the kiss and laughs goofily.

"You taste awesome," he giggles and i laugh with him. But i shouldn't. He is dizzy and can't really focus. Almost as the time he was drunk. Maybe he has been drinking.

"I'm hungry," he scoffs and looks down at me as i finish washing his face.

"I'll make you something, but first you have to change," i say, noticing the blood on his clothes.

"I want to wear my robe," he says defiantly, exaggerating his english accent. I can't respond before he takes off his shirt and his pants with one, fast movements and he is left naked on the middle of the bathroom.

"Okay, here you go," i hand him the robe and he rolls his eyes, as if he wants to walk around naked. He puts it on and walks out and into the kitchen. I follow him and i start to make dinner.

"You are such a good wife," he says as he sits on the barstool and watches me cook. I giggle at the suggestion and i look at him.

"I am not your wife," i say and shake my head. I smile unnoticeably as i stir the tomato sauce.

"Not at the moment, but just you wait," he points his finger at me and i try to control my reaction but i'm left looking like a blushing, giggling idiot. His eyes pierce through me and i have a feeling he is done being silly.

"Why did you come here?" he furrows his eyebrows and looks at me intensely.

"I had a fight with Louis, a bad one," i admit as i pour the sauce onto the spaghetti and find two plates.

"I don't want to go back," i say and look him straight in the eyes. I couldn't handle talking to him for at least a week. But then i remember that i'm supposed to leave for the UK in four days. I have completely dismissed the idea that it's the end for me and Harry. Because it isn't. It can't be.

"I don't want to go home either," i put the plates on the table and he walk sover and sits down. He stares at me for a few seconds before he asks;

"What do you think about New York?"

A/N: HIIII ITS BEEN SO LONG!!! SORRY BUT IVE HAD FINALS AND ALL THAT so but now im back and i promise ill update more frequently now.

Did you like this chapter???

Well bye love you see you next chapter:)))))