t w e n t y o n e

Chapter 21

Claire's point of view

*Claire please let me explain!*

The multiple texts from Michael feels like another grain of salt being rubbed into the open wound he has created by leaking the photo to TMZ. I still can't really believe it. It feels like i never knew him.

The Michael i knew would never do something like this, and it's still really hard for me to accept it. A part of me wants to call him and put it behind me, say i forgive him and move on. But i don't think i can, every time i think of him, i just think about how he completely betrayed my trust.

Harry interrupts my thoughts when i notice his continuing calling of my name

"Claire?" he says for the fifth time. I look up at him and shake my head.

"Yeah, sorry" i rest my elbow on the kitchen counter. He laughs at me and puts down the spatula. He leans his head a bit towards the side before coming around the counter.

"Something on your mind?" he cups my cheek with his palm and kisses my forehead. He sits down on the stool beside me and strokes my thigh. I don't want to talk about Michael with him, it just reminds him that i was dumb enough to send him the photo.

"No, nothing," i brush it off and fake a smile. An unsure expression spreads across Harry's face.

"Uhm, i have a meeting with my publicist today," he says cautiously.

"Oh... When?" i ask, realizing it will be the first time i will be all alone since the photo leaked and everyone seemed to turn against me.

"I'm meeting with her in twenty minutes," his brows furrows and i sigh.

"Her?" i raise my eyebrows.

"Yes, Jennifer," a small smirk appears on his face.

"How old is she?" i interrogate him. I didn't know about her.

"Twenty five," he starts stroking my hair, but my expression stays the same.

"Is she pretty?" I know this make me look like a clingy, crazy, jealous girlfriend, but i think i deserve to be. He certainly has been jealous with Niall, heck, even Michael.

"She's so hot," i gape and look up at him, and his smug expression shows that he's just teasing me. I push his chest, making him release me and back up from me.

"Jerk," i laugh just before he kisses me. It lasts a few seconds before he whispers on my lips;

"I love you," i smile and look up at him.

"And i love you."

He leaves after about five minutes and leaves me with the lunch he just finished cooking.

While i eat, i hear the doorbell ring, so i swallow the last bit of pasta and head for the door. I swing the door open, and the blonde boy has his back towards me, staring out on the drive in.

"Niall?" i say and he turns around.

"Claire!" he smiles and gives me a hug that lasts for a few seconds longer than it should.

"What are you doing here?" he looks confused when he backs up from our hug. Oh... he doesn't know what happened at Louis'. I invite him in and tell him the story, and he doesn't interrupt me once, he just sits and stare at me as i tell him what happened.

"Oh wow, so you just ran away?" he says after i finish, giving me a twinge of guilt. But he has no judgement in his voice. I slowly nod and i have to keep the lump in my throat from turning into tears in my eyes. I have cried enough in the last couple of days to last a lifetime. His hand covers mine, stroking it when he notices my guilt.

"Hey, shh, it's okay," he moves closer and hugs me. But i refuse to cry, i just blink a few times to keep the tears from forming and sit back.

"I'm okay... But anyways, why are you here exactly? Harry is meeting his publicist," i explain.

"No, yeah uhm... I just wanted to talk to him about something, but it can wait." he smiles gently, his Irish accent filling the room.

"So how have you been?" his eyes show sympathy, and I still feel his hand on top of mine.

"I'm... okay," i sigh, and I roll my eyes at how badly i lied, and his eyebrows furrows, causing me to stare at his crystal blue eyes.

We sit and talk for a while, and when he leaves i'm left with such a good feeling. I feel so light, like the problems i'm facing in my life right now doesn't matter that much if i have a friend to talk about it with. A really good... friend.

•

I'm on the sofa, watching some stupid reality show when i hear the door swing open, and i turn around. Harry slicks back his hair, and he looks awfully frustrated. He marches towards me, looking me right in the eyes as he comes in front of the couch and lifts me up and kisses me, pushing his lips on mine and i wrap my legs around his waist.

"What's wrong?" i try to say as he refuses to stop kissing me.

"Mhh, i fired her," he says as a moan on top of my lips. I back up and get back down on the ground and he tries to put his hands on my waist again, not even looking me in the eye. But i place my hands on his cheeks and stop him.

"You what?" i say and he rolls his eyes.

"She kept on insisting that i stop seeing you," he raises his eyebrows along with his shoulders, like he had no choice.

"I just can't wait till we get to New York and i'll have you all to myself," he breathes, his eyes full with anger and love.

I decide not to argue with him again, cause he has made it clear that he won't change his mind.

"Niall was here," i say and wait his reaction.

"What? Why?" he studders, making me hope that he won't be mad.

"He said he wanted to talk to you about something,"

"But then he left?" his eyes widen, and i find myself a little worried that he reacts this way.

"No, he stayed for around half an hour, we just talked Harry," i try to sound irritated, but he kinda has a right to be upset. He and i both know that Niall has previously tried to make passes at me.

"For god sake Claire" he sighs and rubs his eyes with his fingers.

"Harry, nothing happened, why don't you trust me?" i place my hands on his shoulders and he stares down on me.

"I do- ugh, but i... I just can't deal with you-" he starts before i interrupt him.

"With what? Me having friends? Harry i have about lost every single person in my life over the last days and you're saying that i-" i'm getting so frustrated with him.

"No, shh i'm sorry," he says and hugs me, rubbing my back and that always seems to calm me down. my phone starts ringing and answer the call, while in his arms.

"Hello, this is Los Angeles city Hospital, am i speaking with Claire Tomlinson?"

A/N: BET YOU DIDN'T EXPECT THAT DID YOU

DID you like this chapter?

see you soon xx