s i x t e e n

Chapter 16

Claire's point of view

Immediately when I hear the door open downstairs, I want to run down to Harry and give him a kiss and tell him how much i missed him for the three hours that he has been gone, but I constantly have to remind myself that i can't. Instead I wait for him to come in my room. But after about 10 minutes i'm still alone.

I walk downstairs to find an empty kitchen, empty entrance, and when i figure that he must be in his room, i hear Niall from the living room.

"Claire?" i hear his raspy voice, and it echoes across the house. I follow his voice and i find him sitting on the couch, turned towards me.

"Hey, wheres Harry and Louis?" I say, when I come to think that I haven't seen Louis around either.

"Harry's in his room i think, and Louis had to leave a few minutes ago, i just talked to him" he has his hands together while sitting in an awkward position, it seems like somethings worrying him. I nod, and i'm just about to leave, he stands up and grabs my arm, making me turn around again.

"Claire, about before, i still really need to talk to you," he moves closer, not letting go of my hand. I look into his eyes, still blindsided over what he wants to say. His palms are sweaty, and a growing thought lingers in my head as he moves even closer to me. Oh.

His hand grips mine tighter, and can almost feel his pulse as his lips move inches over mine. I find myself unable to move, overwhelmed by the rush of emotions and thoughts from the realization that he likes me. And still, all i can picture in my mind is Harry, and how he got mad when Niall and i were talking before, and the sudden urge from him to declare me as his. I guess he had good reason. It feels like i'm in slow motion, my body frozen at his touch, and my heart beats faster than i ever thought possible. Is it possible that i feel something too?

Just then i back away, as our lips barely touch and his hand releasing mine. No. I can't feel anything for him, not now. I'm with Harry... sort of. He looks into my eyes, and he almost looks surprised. Surprised that i moved away from him, and that i don't wanna kiss him. I don't want to kiss him, right? I ask myself.

"Niall.." we are still close to each other, both of us breathing in all the air that's around us, making the moment unbearable suddenly.

I hear footsteps behind us and i immediately know who it is. It is completely silent for a few seconds, and i wonder why he hasn't punched Niall in the face yet... It definitely seems like something he would do. I turn around to see his green eyes, ignoring me completely. He is looking straight at Niall, his body tense and i can almost feel the strength of his muscles, as he tightens every last limb in his body and makes a fist with his hand. But i know he can't do anything drastic. If me and Harry weren't together, he would have no reason to go completely ballistic on Niall. And Harry still thinks that Niall doesn't know about us, so he can't do anything.

Before it turns into a fist fight, i try to act as normal as possible and let out the air that has been lingering in my lungs ever since Niall tried to kiss me.

"Hey Harry! Niall and I were just talking about ordering pizza or something, you want some?"

I feel so stupid, when Harry clearly knows that Niall was trying to make a move on me, and Niall knowing that Harry is furious because of it.

"Yeah, i'll go order it," Niall excuses himself from the situation and walks into the kitchen. A few seconds pass, Harry still not moving one muscle in his body, and i slowly walk over to him, trying to calm him down.

"Nothing happened, ok?" i say as i take his hand and i feel how warm it is, and it slowly uncurls from a fist and covers mine.

He cups my chins with his palms and looks me dead in the eye, with his serious, wide eyes.