n i n e t e e n

Chapter 19

Claire's point of view

Michael's contact photo lingers on my screen as i read "12 missed calls". I consider ignoring it and locking my phone and never talk to him again. As much as i hate to admit it, he deserves to explain. I mean he has been my friend for 4 years. I just woke up from a nap in Harry's room, and i'm reminded from our previous conversation. New York... He actually suggested us moving there... together. With everything that has been going on, it doesn't seem so crazy to do it. If i got some distance from the situation i'm sure it would seem completely mental, but it seems exciting... He's still waiting for an answer from me, and i will have to give it to him some time soon.

I press the "call" button and bring the phone up to my ear. It doesn't take long before i hear him pick up.

"Oh my god, Claire!! Are you okay?!" he nearly shouts, and i feel myself get angry. Is he really going to act innocent?

"No, i am not okay Michael," i try to keep myself together, and not let my emotions show. Because i'm actually not that angry at him when i think of it. I'm hurt.

"B-but what happened?" he studders and i find myself surprised of how well he is acting.

"Well, first i was dumb enough to trust you by sending the photo to you," i begin my speech to let him know how disappointed i am in him. But after my sentence, he interrupts me.

"What? You think i sent the photo in to TMZ?" he seems genuinely confused, but i know it's an act.

"Give it up Michael, there were three people in possession of that photo; Harry, you and myself," i feel so uncomfortable, i've never fought with Michael like this. But because he sent the photo in, i feel like i don't even know him anymore.

"How much did you get for it? I hope you at least you got some money out of it, and didn't completely destroy my life for no reason at all," My anger fades into sadness, when i realize that Michael has single handedly potentially ruined my relationship with my brother, and Harry's entire career. And it's all my fault.

"Clai-" he pointlessly tries to defend for himself, but i don't think i can listen to another word, so i stop him.

"I'm gonna make this very easy for you Michael. Never text, talk or call me ever again," and with that i hang up and immediately release a sob into my hand, covering my hand as i see the door open and Harry hurry over to me and cover me with his arms.

"What's wrong?" he says worriedly, stroking my back as i cry into his neck. I have to admit it.

"Michael... He sent in the photo," i whimper as multiple tears drop from my eyes and onto his t-shirt. His arms releases me and i'm prepared for him to throw me out of his house and never talk to me again.

"What? Michael sent it in?" he says with an odd tone.

"I'm so sorry Harry, i sent it to him," admitting this to him presents me with the worst feeling i've ever experienced. I back up to look Harry in the eyes, and he looks... sad. Which makes me break down in sobs, as i struggle to take breaths in between.

"So when you asked for the photo, you were going to send it to Michael?" He doesn't seem angry, just very curious, but with a devasted tone.

"I thought i could trust him!" I cling onto his shirt, wanting him to hug me again, for all this to be over.

"Claire, stop" he cups my cheeks and bring my face to his, and kisses me lightly before covering me in a hug. My shivering body calms down as he continuously rubs my back.

"Please, stop crying," he repeats, comforting me. I slowly start to take deeper breaths and beat the urge to lay here and cry for hours.

"I thought you'd be mad," i say, wiping away the black tear drops.