e i g h t

Chapter 8

Claire's point of view

My heart sinks to my stomach and i stare at the letters, forming the terrifying text. Harry sees it over my shoulder and hear him inhale sharply and stand up.

"Lets go," he says, and i look at him for second. He's stressed.

"Harr-"

"Now!" he yells as he walks to the door. I follow him. I grab my jacket off the hook on the wall when i get to the hallway and put on my shoes.

"Let's go!" Harry repeats, his stern eyes looking at me as i walk to the door.

He rushes to the car and i get in when i hear the sound of it unlocking. He doesn't waste a single second to start the car up and drive out through the gate. His eyes are locked on the road as he speeds through the neighborhood, making me hold on to my seat and close my eyes.

"Harry slow down," i open my eyes to look at him. His jaw clenched, his hands firmly placed on the gear shift and his eyes still staring intensely on the road before him. He ignores me, going faster. I feel myself starting to get scared and i close my eyes again.

"Please Harry," plead and i feel the car slow down and i open my eyes again.

"I'm sorry," he says and looks at me for a second before looking back at the road again.

"But Louis can't know," he drives into the highway, speeding up again.

"You don't think i know that?" i frown. I wait for an answer, but he doesn't respond.

I check my phone, and it's been three minutes since i got the text. We'll never make it. I decide not to say anything, as he seems beyond irritated. I stare silently out on the road, his reckless driving making my heart pound.

After a while, i look at the GPS next to the dashboard, and it says that we'll be there in 3 minutes, and its 16 minutes since i got the text. All i can do now is hope that Louis is stuck in traffic, and he hasn't texted me wondering where we are so he hasn't come home yet. The time it takes to drive from Harry's place to Louis' is actually about 30 minutes, but with the way Harry is driving, i'm surprised were not already there.

"What do we do if he's already there?"i ask gently, trying to calm him down.

"I don't know," he mumbles, clenching his grip on the steering wheel.

"Can't we just say we went out for lunch or something?" i try to come up with a solution.

"You mean an hour since we ate breakfast in front of Louis?" he hisses. I roll my eyes, and he looks at me with a disapproving glare.

"I'm just trying to come up with an excuse," i say, and he looks back at the road.

I start to recognize the road, and i try to breathe steadily. What would happen if he found out? Knowing him, he would be furious. But i'm not sure about what he'd do. There would be a problem if he found out i was involved with someone, and the fact that its Harry, his best friend, makes this much more complicated. He wouldn't just be furious, he would be hurt.

I spot the house in the distance, and i squint to see if a car is parked in the driveway, but the big green hedges blocks the view. We drive closer, and the gate opens when Harry approaches it. It seems like forever till we see into the driveway, but when we do, my heart stops. I spot the black shiny car just outside the garage.

He's already here.

In the rush of the panic pumping through my body, i get out of the car and walk to the door with Harry, neither of us saying a word. As soon as he puts his hand on the handle, the door flies open and Louis stands there, looking at us with confused eyes.

"Where have you been?"

My shocked mind tries to process his question, and it suddenly hit me. An excuse. I think about it for a second, and i realize that it could actually work.

"I had an attack, we went to the emergency room to get medication" i say and fake a tired look. Louis mouth falls agape and his eyebrows rise.

"What?" he whispers loudly, and i immediately feel bad.

"Oh my god, you had a panic attack?" he says and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you ok?" he says and hugs me, and i see Harry staring at me with wide, angry eyes. He doesn't know.

"Why didn't you call me?" he releases me from his hug and turns to Harry.

"I-i told him not to, i didn't want to interrupt you, i knew it wasn't dangerous or anything," i shoot in before Harry can answer. Louis nods and gestures for us to come in, and he closes the door behind us. He leads us into the living room and sits me down.

"Can i get you anything?" Louis asks, and i ask for a glass of water. My guilt grows as i see how worried Louis gets. My anxiety hasn't been a problem in three years. And now i use it as an excuse to go my brothers best friends house, visiting scary rooms and sleeping on his couch. I feel terrible. He turns and walks to the kitchen. Harry and I are left alone. He stares at me, and i wait for him to ask me about it.

"Panic attack?" he says, leaving the words lingering in the air. I nod.

"Yes, i used to have them all the time when i was a kid."

"Were you planning on telling me this?" he asks angrily. His intense stare makes me look down for a second.

"Harry, it's not a big deal, i haven't had one in years."

"Louis can't know, right?" i scoff, and his face softens. He mouths "sorry" as Louis returns with my water.

A/N: Hello lovely people. I really can't believe that this story is #74 in fanfiction, has 60K reads, 1k votes and over 300 comments. I LOVE YOU OK.

I love high school musical. just had to put that out there idk why.

I AM SO SO SORRY this chapter was rly rly short, Ill work on having longer chapters, i used to write over 2000 words, and now its only 1000;(

please please continue voting and commenting<3<3<3

see you next chapter xx