t w e n t y n i n e

CHAPTER 29

Claire's point of view

"Can i get you anything?" he asks as i leave my bag in the hallway. He walks off and i follow him into the kitchen.

The interior is very bright, with white wooden countertops and windows all over, letting the sunset in.

"Just water please," i stand next to him as he picks out a glass from the shelf and fills it up with cold water. I take a sip and let out a deep sigh before he takes me to the living room to sit down. My head is still spinning, and 'I'm trying my best not to cripple to the ground and cry my eyes out.

I see a guitar and multiple pieces of crumpled up paper laying on the big coffee table in the center of the room.

"Oh, did i interrupt you playing?" i say, embarrassed over the fact that i'm even here.

"Don't worry about it, i was writing and i haven't gotten anywhere for the past few hours." he says, putting away the guitar and throwing some of the papers into the trash. I nod as he sits down on one of the chairs.

The lights are dim and the fierce orange light coming from the window lights up the room. I sit down on the other white chair looking right at him.

I know he expects me to explain, and tell him what happened. But because it just happened like 20 minutes ago, i just can't bring myself to say the words.

"Are you ok?" he asks. I open my mouth and nothing comes out. I don't even know how to start explaining what happened. But i do know that i am definitely not okay, so i shake my head.

He reaches for my hand and squeezes, probably realizing that i don't want to talk about it right now.

"What were you writing?" i say, trying to avoid the painful subject.

"A song," he smiles and i blush again, feeling stupid for even asking. His teeth glistens in the sunlight, and his smiles always makes me feel better somehow.

"You wanna hear?" he offers, already on his way to get his guitar again. He puts it on his lap, looking surprisingly comfortable.

"Please," i say, putting down the water on the table. He looks at for a few seconds before he starts playing.

As he plucks the strings i strangely feel weight lifted off my shoulders. I close my eyes listening intently as he starts to sing.

"I wanna tell you everything," he sings, never losing eye contact with me. It's a strange, profound feeling to have him play to me like this.

"The words i never got to say the first time around." The light dimmers, as the sun slowly sets over the city. I feel the need to sit closer to him as he continues playing. He keeps singing a few phrases, never even looking down on his guitar or anywhere else but in my eyes.

"You still make me nervous when you walk in the room," he sings in a small laugh, making my stomach flutter. With a flinch in his eyes, he stops playing and puts down the guitar.

"Wow, that was beautiful Niall," i compliment him, and he nods thankfully.

I feel my eyes close by themselves, and i struggle to open them again. I didn't notice it before, but i am really tired.

"Hey, Claire, you wanna go get some sleep?" he asks.

"No, no. Can we uhm... watch a movie or something?" i ask. I really don't want to be alone right now. Just being close to him is making me feel better. I lean onto the couch-back, yawning as he nods his head.

"Of course," he smiles, picking up the remote and turning on his TV. He quickly chooses some random comedy on Netflix. I shiver, stroking my own legs to warm myself up. The sun has completely set now, and i'm getting cold.

"Hold on one second," he says, leaving the room and coming back with blankets and another remote. He points it at the fireplace and it suddenly fills the room with a flickering orange light. The fire heats up the room, making it extra cozy under the blanket.

He sits down next to me and leans back. I don't know what it is, but something tells me to move closer to him.

He looks at down at me with a dazed stare, cautiously putting his arm around me. I lean my head on his shoulder and relax my eyes.

This is just what i need right now.

I know Harry would be so upset if he knew that i ran to Niall, but i can't worry about that right now. He has hurt me so badly that i need to focus on what can make me feel better. And right now, i can't think of anything else that would make me feel better.

I keep reliving it my head, how he lost control, how he pushed me up against the wall, unwilling to let go of me. It's the first time i have ever been truly scared of him. He didn't want me to leave, but he couldn't really expect me to stay when i found out what he did.

He said he never wanted to hurt me, but i don't get it... Why would he even send in the photo if he didn't want to hurt me?

Niall. He sent it in because he knew Niall liked me, and he wanted him to back off. But i told him time and time again that he had nothing to worry about. I would have never betrayed his trust by doing anything with Niall. But i don't know how much trust he had in me.

I can't believe how he let me believe Michael was responsible. Michael held no threat to him whatsoever, and he still let me shut him out, he even told me to never talk to him again. But i guess he needed someone to blame, and i guess he saw an opportunity to blame someone else when i confessed that i sent the photo to Michael.

I swirl further down into it, rethinking every moment i had with him, which ones were fake and which ones were real. But it can't all be fake... Why would he ask me to move in with him, and say he loves me if i didn't matter to him?

I don't notice the tear on my cheek before Niall wipes it away, looking at me with worried eyes. I look at him for a few seconds before shutting my eyes, pushing a few more tears out. He pulls me close, stroking my hair with his hand.

"Shh Claire, it's okay," he comforts me as i'm crying, my face buried in his chest.

"I'm sorry," i whimper, clearly embarrassed. I really don't want to be an inconvenience.

"Don't apologize for wanting comfort Claire, i... I'll always be here for you," he says, making me smile between my sobs. I back away from his chest, looking up at him. And i don't know what it is, his intense stare, the overwhelming feeling of warmth flowing through my body...

But next thing i know, my lips are on his.

A/N: dramadramadramadramaaaa

Did you like this chapter? even though it was short

what do you thinks gonna happen next??

Love you see you next chapter xx