f o u r t y o n e

CHAPTER 41

Harry's point of view

Unable to process. I am completely blinded by anger.

I feel faint when I see the blue prints, that he forced on her. To picture someone touching her against her will, makes me absolutely furious. She looks up at me with blank eyes, filled with tears. I don't know what to say to her to make her feel better.

Her body was abused. Assaulted. She was abused. Looking into those 2 eyes, realizing I can't change what happened, breaks my heart.

"Zayn what?" I say with a strained tone, trying not to show my rage.

"Malik, the waiter," she utters, and I have to think for a second before his face registers. The waiter, the one who called her beautiful.

"How far did he come?" I close my eyes at the painful question I feel compelled to ask. She tries to speak, and her words come out weak.

"Not all the way," she whimpers.

Just to imagine his hands forced upon her skin... The skin only meant for me. I want to kill him. I am going to kill him.

•

Claire's point of view

I feel my body relax, comforted by the warmth of Harry's hands. I get up, sitting on his lap as I wrap my hands around his neck. I've never needed him like I do right now.

I feel ashamed, disgusting. I'm stained by him. He robbed me of something I feel like I can never get back. Control over my body.

"I am going to find him," I hear Harry say, as if it would comfort me. But the thought terrifies me.

"I'll make him pay." he whispers, the shaky yet enraged voice makes me back away.

"No," I shake my head with wide eyes at him.

"Please! Please don't go to him," I feel my voice break as I beg him. I don't Harry near him, at all. I'm afraid of what he'll do, and what might happen to him.

He shakes his head as he closes his eyes, stroking my thigh.

"I have to, there is no fucking way I'm letting him get away with this," he insists, makes my stomach turn.

"He told me not to tell anyone, he threatened me Harry! I don't know what he's capable of," I shiver, suddenly cold by the flush of fear.

"I don't care Claire, do you really think I'm just going to let this slide? He is going to pay for what he did to you!" he breathes heavily, his palms twitching over my thigh.

"Please Harry, I'm so scared," I bury me face in his neck, and he strokes my back, feeling his tears fall on my shoulder.

"I am so sorry this happened to you," he breathes, inhaling heavily.