t w e l v e

Chapter 12

Claire's point of view

My eyes suddenly shoot open, and i wake up to the pitch black room. My heart jumps when i wonder what time it is, and if Louis could walk through the door at any moment. I notice Harry's arms around me, and i wiggle out of them to see the bedside alarm. It's 09:43.

While i hear Harry's deep breaths against my neck, i realize that i have to get to my own room before Louis wakes up. But i don't want to leave. Even with Harry sleeping, it's nice just laying here with him. But if i go back to sleep, i probably won't wake up before 10, which is when everyone's alarm goes off.

After a few minutes, i decide to get up and go to sleep in my own room. It's hard to leave him, especially after he came home extremely drunk and for once wasn't all intense and scary. He was goofy, playful, sweet... I close the door behind me and walk silently to my room and get under the covers.

The next day during breakfast, Louis explains that him and Niall have a session at the studio today, and me and Harry are welcome to come. Harry glances over at me and purses his lips while unnoticeably shaking his head.

"I'm not feeling very well, i think i'll just stay home," i say, ignoring the guilt that comes from lying to my brother to be with his best friend. Louis nods his head, and i'm reminded that i still haven't talked to him about the whole drama with him moving to the states after the X-factor and my parents. He can't go on thinking that it's his fault that i got panic attacks. He turns to Harry, and now Harry will have to come up with an excuse.

"I have to check on my place, the renovation's almost done," i wonder if he really means that we'll go to his place again. But actually, we should. I have a lot of questions.

"Oh... But Claire, i really don't want you to be alone after yesterday," hes referring to my fake panic attack, and i look down hiding my expression. The worry in his eyes are genuine, and i say the first thing that pops into my head.

"I'll just go with Harry," there are a few seconds of silence as i study Louis reaction, and then he speaks.

"If you feel well enough to go with Harry, why don't you just come to the studio with me?" my heart beats accelerates as i search for something to say.

"Uhm, i'll probably just sleep it off at his place, and i don't think i want to go to city centre, there isn't exactly a calm environment there," he looks confused, and a million of better excuses enter my mind, but its too late now.

"Ok.. you'll sleep at Harry's?"

"Yeah i mean i'd probably just sleep here, but if you don't want me to be alone..." he can't know why i'm going there, and from his expression, he thinks its weird that we'll be alone at his house. He looks over at Harry, and i can't see Harry's face since he's standing behind me, and it'll look weird if turn around to see it. I just stand completely still and look at Louis. I've learned a lot about lying in the past few days.

"I'll look after her," Harry's raspy voice speaks behind me. Just hearing his voice makes the good kind of chills spread slowly all over my body. Louis nods and says goodbye. As much as i want to believe that he doesn't suspect anything, after this intense conversation, i think he does.

We hear him close the door behind him, and i exhale with relief.

"That wasn't easy," i say as Harry walks towards me. He grabs my hips and kisses me swiftly before looking into my eyes.

"I know, but at least he's gone.. You wanna go?" His green eyes full of promise, and his lips parted after our kiss, I feel weak in the knees and slowly nod.

When we walk into the living room, i'm struck by the incredible view again. Reaching miles over the city centre, I see all of Los Angeles.

"Do you stay here much?" I ask him as he goes into the kitchen.

"We are almost always on tour, so I haven't actually stayed here that often, when I get time off I usually visit my family in England," I suddenly remind myself of what we talked about the last time I was here. How many women have been in the room with him. 9. I don't get it, if he's on tour that much, how has there been 9 women? When he's home, he must go through them quickly. The fear that he'll do that to me grows, but I chose to ignore it.

He opens a cabinet over the fridge, and takes out a brown bottle and places it on the counter. After, he takes out a couple more, a blue and green one and brings out two glasses.

"Can i interest you in a drink?" he says with a smirk and I glance at the bottles before me. Definitely alcohol.

"I'm 16, need i remind you?" I smile and he returns it.

"No i remember, but i thought since we've broken so many rules already.." he furrows his eyebrows and I nod at him. He fills both glasses half way, and i take a sip.

"Where were you last night?" I ask, ignoring the burning of the liquid in my throat.

"Riffs, s'a bar in downtown LA," he answers, and i wonder if he does that often. Goes to bars and gets drunk.

"I'll take you there sometime," I first feel happy from his invitation, but it quickly reminds me that we'll never be able to go anywhere public. Maybe in the future, when i'm legal, and Louis knows and is accepting. But I don't think Louis will ever be.

"What are you thinking about?" Harry asks as i walk into the living room and sit down on the couch. I stare at the view, considering what i should say.

"You," i say and he smiles adorably. "And the 9 girls before me," i break the light mood, and his smiles disappears.

"Claire, there is no way for me to erase me past. You should know that i've never felt anything real for those girls," he says. Should this make me more secure? Because all it does right now is make me doubt him more. If he never felt anything for them, why would he feel something for me?

"But this... what i feel for you and what you feel for me... this is real," he makes me blush as he wraps his arms around my waist and pull me close.

"So are you in... or are you out?" he says, squinting his eyes as he's afraid of what i might say.

"I'm in,"

After a while, we drive back to Louis' house. After today, i know now if i'm more open about the idea of having that kind of relationship. A secret relationship, where he obviously wants some sort of control over me. Mostly because i saw how much he wants it... wants me.

When we walk into the hallway, i hear two voices from the kitchen. I recognize Louis, but i can't place the second one. Harry hangs my jacket on the hook by the door and we walk into the kitchen. When i see who's sitting on the stool, my heart jumps from the surprise.

"Niall!"

A/N: HEYY HAPPY HOLIDAYS THIS CHAPTER MY GIFT TO ALL YALL HO HO HO. sorry

love you TELL ME IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES :D

DID YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER?:)

I CANT BELIEVE WE HAVE 700K reads like wtaf THANK YOU I THINK NEXT UPDATE WONT COME IN A WHILE, sry but im traveling and school stuff yknow. BYE SEE YOU NEXT TIME CHAPTER 13 WOOHOO LETS GO