t h i r t y t h r e e

Heyy before the chapter begins i wanna ask y'all a favor. If you write like a small review about my book right here, you could be featured on this story's description. So inline comment, so I can read them and all that <33 (i asked you guys this some chapters ago, but i stupidly managed to delete all of them oh my god so please write them again they were so lovely and i want some of them on my description k bye)

CHAPTER 33

Claire's point of view

"You know?" I ask, processing it. I let myself take a breath, increasingly confused.

"Yep, he told me the day before I found about you and Harry,"

"And you are okay with that?" I'm unable to hide my obvious shock.

"Well for one, he came to me before making a move on you," he explains, as I raise my eyebrows. Niall told Louis before telling me... But why didn't Louis get mad?

"And you are okay with him liking me?" i ask again, persistent on getting an answer.

"I... accept it," he simply says, nodding his head. Does this mean that he would be fine with us... dating?

"Why? I mean you went mental the last time you heard a friend of yours liked me," I say, unwilling to say has name one more time in front of him.

"No, last time I found you and my friend in bed together," he says abruptly, losing his smirk. My mouth opens slightly, surprised by the sudden outburst.

I guess he's okay with Niall liking me because he came to Louis and told him before doing anything, which is more than can be said about Harry.

"So, what? You would be absolutely fine if Niall and I dated?" I put him on the spot, determined to get a real answer from him.

"Yes Claire, that is what I'm saying." I stare at him for a few seconds, trying to wrap my head around the idea. There is close to nothing standing in the way of me and Niall actually going out. But still, it seems so distant. We did kiss, and he has expressed that he likes me, but I can't really imagine what that would be like.

Niall and I having a relationship, going out on dates with no guilt at all. Technically, it sounds idealistic. But I haven't really taken time to consider my feelings. Do I want that?

Just yesterday, I was with Harry, making dinner and planning what seemed to be a lasting relationship. Thinking about it makes me regret ever seeing that email. Sometimes i think i would rather not know.

"And you still hate the idea of me and Harry?" I ask, fearful of his answer. He squints his eyes, staring at me.

"What I am most scared of, is seeing you get hurt Claire," he explains.

"And from my point of view, theres a higher risk of that with Harry. Heck, it's already happened."

It's true. Harry did hurt me. Was it enough make me never want to be with him again? I haven't figured that out either. I just need some time, and in the meantime I can't really confirm to Louis that I'll never be with Harry again, that i won't go back to him.

But I am so glad that Louis and I are having this talk. Already it's helping me sort out recent events and what it means to me.

I nod at him, and he offers a comforting smile.

"Do you like Niall?" Louis asks me.

I hate that I don't have a definitive answer to that question. I mean, last night when we were watching that movie, when we kissed... It felt so... real.