EPISODE 5-1:The Longest Journey

Dani Cimorelli as Danielle Avery
Amy Cimorelli as Amy Carson

Dani & Amy:Dani & Amy Cimorelli ready for Episode 5 with us on THE LONGEST JOURNEY.

Danielle Avery is a 21 year old born in Montana, but moved to Kentucky at 10 years old. She is a singer-songwriter with 4 albums under her belt. She co-wrote Colbie Caillat's #1 hit Live The Life.
Amy Carson is a 23 year old from Kentucky where she's lived all her life. She is a singer-songwriter with 5 albums under her belt. She co-wrote Dierks Bentley's #1 hit Drink Me Again Please.
[none of this is true IRL]

In this story, Amy does not have Turner Syndrome. Dani is 5'9" and Amy is 5'8".

INTRODUCTION:
Danielle used to be lead singer for a local rock band, but after they took a break, she went solo for a while and decided not to return to the band after a few hit singles. She looked up a local paper and saw that there was a Songwriter Round going down in Lexington. She looked up the performers and they included Taylor Jones, Mandy Carrington, Erick Stevenson, Brittany Humbert and Amy Carson. If Amy's name is familiar to you, she had just released her 5th album entitled Versatile. Danielle wears an outfit you would see at Warped Tour, while Amy wears an outfit you would see at Taste Of Country Festival. Danielle has been playing guitar for 7 years while Amy has been playing for 12. Danielle has a 5-year old daughter Nicole and Amy has an 8-year old daughter in Sarah. Sarah plays piano while Nicole does not sing or play instruments. Danielle & Amy are both divorced and have not since re-married or gone out on any dates with other guys. The scene is in Lexington, 2013.

Danielle's POV:Well, it's a new day. Songwriter Round today. I wake up my daughter first.
Danielle:Wake up princess, your first day of school is today.
Nicole:Mommy, I'm scared.
Danielle:You'll be fine. I was releasing my debut album when I began high school, and I balanced fine.
Nicole:Yeah, but mom you are different than I. What if I fail?
Danielle:Nicole, it's pre-school. I think you'll be fine.
Nicole:OK mommy.

Nicole's POV:My mommy is a self-taught guitar player and singer-songwriter. She had finished college and was ready to live the dream as a full-time musician. I got on the bus to school and my bus driver was a sweetie. She went by the name Lisa Harrison. [played by Lisa Cimorelli] Lisa is 26. She's a bus driver but part-time musician originally.
Lisa:Everyone set? Next stop, Lexington Preschool Academy.
All:YAY.

Danielle's POV:Now that my daughter left for school, I called my sister April Donovan. [played by April Kry] She just married my cousin Lauren Avery [played by Lauren Cimorelli]. Both girls are 24. They have been married for 3 weeks and are also a musical duo by the name of Lauren + April. It was Lauren who was put on the phone.
Lauren:Oh hi, who's this?
Danielle:Hey Lauren? It's Danielle, your wife's sister. How are you?
Lauren:Hi Danielle, so nice to hear you again.
Danielle:How's married life?
Lauren:Good. You?
Danielle:Well, I'm divorced. Trying to be a singer while taking care of my daughter Nicole.
Lauren:Oh. Sorry.
Danielle:It's OK. I have one kid, I'm happy.
Lauren:Cool. You hear that Songwriter round is tonight? I'm going.
Danielle:I'll be there shortly. Tell my sis I said hi.
Lauren:Got it.

Danielle's POV:April didn't speak to me. I was sad. I headed to the show as I saw a tall brunette driving her daughter to piano class.
Amy:OK Sarah, have a good day.
Sarah:Thanks mom. Love you. Good luck at the round.
Amy:I will honey. *kisses Sarah*

Amy is this beautiful young woman who had her guitar in the backseat. She taught Sarah a bit of it before her class. I said hi to Amy.
Danielle:Hi, you must be Amy Carson.
Amy:Oh hi, yes that's me. You must be that ex-rock singer?
Danielle:Yes. Danielle Avery. Nice to meet you.
Amy:Pleasure. Can I drive you? I'm heading to the round right now.
Danielle:Sure. Let's go.
*minutes later*
Amy:Tell me more about you.
Danielle:Well I'm a singer-songwriter now.
Amy:Me too.
Danielle:I left my band in 2010. They felt rock is not where my heart is at and I agree.
Amy:I used to be forced into an electropop trio. I told them, 'This is not me. I quit'
Danielle:Wow. You were forced?!
Amy:Yes.