I Know What You Did Last Summer

December 2nd, 2008
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Three weeks passed. Then Dean called. "Alex? Do you know anything about an Anna Milton?"

Alex threw her feet up onto the table, leaning back in her chair. "Maybe. Why you ask?"

"Because we've got a case. Apparently there's a lot of big, badass demons after her because she knows something."

"Something like that." Alex yawned.

"So you know about her?"

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't." Alex removed her feet from the table when Bobby walked in, casting her a knowing glance. He grabbed a beer out of the fridge and left.

"Alex."

"What?"

"If you know something, you have to tell us."

"I don't have to tell you anything." Alex leaned forward, lowering her voice. "Yeah, I wanted to help. But you've shown that you don't want it." She hung up.

The phone ran again, and Alex sighed. She answered. "Anna Milton. The demons want her 'cause she can hear the angels. She has red hair." She decided to leave out the 'actual angel' part.

"Oh." Dean seemed shocked. "Okay. Thanks."

"Whatever." Alex sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Uh, listen." Dean cleared his throat. "I, uh, I'm sorry about dropping you off with Bobby . . ."

"At Bobby's," Alex corrected, putting her chin in her free hand to study the wall. "Bobby was out on a case. Garth was here, though. Strange guy."

"Oh. But still."

"Whatever. It doesn't matter, okay? I wouldn't want to work with me either."

"Alex . . ." Dean groaned.

"I'm serious, Dean. I get it. I'm a pain in the ass. Hell, I even annoy myself sometimes." Alex stood up, walking to the fridge. "Now. You better go find Anna before Alistair does."

"Alistair?" That stopped Dean. "He's after her?"

"Assuming so. You said big, badass demons. He's definitely high up on the big badass demon list." Alex shrugged, pulling out a Coke. She cracked it open, balancing the phone between her shoulder and ear. "Just be careful around him, okay? You know what he's capable of doing more than me, of course, but still. Call if there's anything else." Then she hung up.

...

It was sometime the next afternoon when there was a knock at the door. When Bobby didn't go to answer it, Alex sighed, standing up. "I'll get it," she yelled to no one in particular. She opened the door, and couldn't help but stop in surprise. "Dean?"

"Yeah." Dean stepped into the room.

"You guys should be hunting down Anna. What are you doing here?"

"You said you knew Anna." Dean looked at her. "Whatcha got there?"

"Yeah, I know of her. The big stuff, at least." Alex looked down at the mixing bowl in her hand. "Butter and sugar.I was making cookies, for, ya know, Christmas and all." She dipped a finger in the bowl. "But I got distracted." She stuck the finger in her mouth. "Want some?"

Dean shook his head. "Uh, yeah, no thanks. You know Alistair."

"Yep." Alex cocked her head in confusion. "Seriously. What are you doing here? You're wasting time."

Dean's next question caught her off guard. "Do you want to come?"

"What?"

"You heard me. You know what's going on. You're the biggest asset we have right now. Do you want in or not."