After School Special

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

It had been several weeks. Alex had just gotten out of the shower when she heard her phone ring. Rapidly pulling on her clothes, she nudged the chair away from the bathroom door. It was there for a good reason; not only did the door not actually lock, but Bobby actually had a bookshelf in the bathroom filled with books. The last thing Alex wanted was for Bobby to burst in without knocking 'cause he needed a stupid book. Alex hurried down to her room and grabbed her phone. "Hello. This be Alex."

"Yep. I know."

Alex grinned. "Hey Dean. What's up?"

"Not much. But, uh, there's this case and we may need you."

"Hm. Tell me what you know. I'll see if I remember." Alex sat down on the bed, combing through her wet hair.

"No, that's not what we need your help on."

"Oh. Then what is it?"

"Sam thinks there's a case at a high school in Indiana. Figured since you're a teenager, you might have some insight into teenage-y things."

"Sure." Alex lowered her voice into a stage whisper. "Anything to get me away from Bobby."

Dean chuckled. "Sure thing. Be there sometime tonight."

"Great."

They hung up, and Alex went to dry her hair.

...

Bobby was downstairs. "You busy?"

"Nope. Dean's coming to get me sometime tonight. He and Sam got a case in a high school and thought I could be helpful."

Bobby grunted. "Well, the Marquis broke down yesterday. Get out there and see what's wrong."

"Bobby. I know nothing about cars."

"You got to learn sometime," he grumbled, but stood up. "Fine. I'll go look at the damn car. Meanwhile, you can find my notes on those shishigas. Blue binder."

"Fine." Alex watched Bobby go outside before she sighed. Not seeing it in the study, she hurried upstairs to look in the book rooms. There were several blue binders stacked against the wall, and she knelt next to them. They were all Bobby's notes. She found the one on shishigas, and carried it back downstairs. She tossed it on the table then went back upstairs.

...

It took her barely half an hour to get packed. All of her clothes easily fit into the bag, as well as most of Dean's shirts and jackets that she had kept. She threw her gun on top before zipping up the duffle.

...

Evening came slowly. Bobby had her reading about werewolves and ghost possessions, and Alex was bored. That's when the knock on the door came. Then footsteps echoed down the hallway. Sam and Dean appeared in the study. Sam was wearing a thick brown coat over a red plaid, and Dean was wearing his leather jacket. "Hey."

"Hey." Alex stood up, stretching her back. "About time."

"Bobby." Sam dipped his head towards the hunter.

"Hey boys." Bobby stood up. "It's about damn time you got here. She's been driving me insane for days with all that pacing and whining."

Alex chuckled lightly, studying shoes.

"Well, we'll take her off your hands for a while," Dean joked. He turned to Alex. "You packed?"

"Yeah. My bag's upstairs." Alex ran up and got it.