Abandon All Hope . . .

January 28th, 2010

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Five days passed, and there was no word. At one point, Sam and Dean went off, leaving Alex with Bobby. One day, the phone rang. "Got it," Alex called. She picked it up. "'Ello."

"Bobby?" Dean's voice came over the phone.

"Close. Alex."

"Oh. Is Bobby there?"

"Maybes. Why? You got a lead?" Alex guessed hopefully. They had spent the last five days feverishly looking for Crowley, but to no avail. "Did Cas find him?"

"No," Dean replied slowly.

"Are you lying? 'Cause I'll call Cas and he'll tell me if you're lying."

"Okay. Fine." Dean sighed. "Cas found him."

"Where?" Alex asked, interested.

"Not too far from you. We'll get the Colt and be there by tomorrow night."

"Uh, you're going to go in there alone?" Alex scoffed. "Not very smart, sorry."

"Then what do you suggest?" Dean snapped, obviously irritated.

"Just get back here, and we'll think of something. And don't do anything stupid."

"Yes, Bobby." Dean's voice sounded very sarcastic, and Alex rolled her eyes.

"I'm totally serious."

"Okay, okay. Fine. We'll be there sometime tomorrow." He hung up.

Alex did the same. "So you found Crowley, eh Cas?" she asked, talking to Castiel. "Good job, man. Always knew you could do it."

"Thank you." Castiel appeared behind her.

Alex was surprised by how tired he looked. "How are you doing?" she inquired. "You look kind of tired."

Castiel looked down, apparently embarrassed. "It's been harder now that I've been cut off from heaven," he finally admitted.

Alex looked at him pitifully. "I'm sure you'll be fine," she promised. "You ain't dying on me yet," she added as a joke.

"I had no intention of dying," Castiel said seriously.

"Huh? Oh, no." Alex quickly backtracked. "And it's going to stay that way." She let out a lighthearted grin. "We're going to be fine."

"Who called?" Bobby's voice came from farther inside the house.

When Alex glanced back behind her, Castiel was gone. "Uh, it was Dean," she yelled back. "Cas found Crowley, so now they're coming back here for a plan."

"Oh." Bobby paused. "Keep me posted."

"Will do." Alex rolled her eyes, returning to her work.

...

Dean and Sam arrived late the next day. Bobby had called in Ellen and Jo, and now they were all sitting in the library. "How are we going to get in there?" Sam asked.

"We could use bait?" Alex suggested.

"We don't use bait," Dean stated firmly.

"I think it's a good idea," Jo returned. "I could go up to the front door, say my car broke down, and then when this Crowley fellow walks out, you guys could hold that knife to him."

Alex rubbed her shoulder, tugging the sleeve up to run fingers over a large bruise. It was fading, thankfully. She quickly lowered her sleeve.

However, Bobby noticed. "What the hell?" He rolled closer to Alex. "What happened there?"