The Rapture

November 6th, 2009

It was almost four weeks later. They had been looking for a case, but there had only been the typical alien sightings and something that could be demon omens. However, there were already several hunters in that area, so they decided to stay clear. One night, Dean woke up with a gasp. Alex looked over at him, slightly concerned. "Bad dream?"

Dean shook his head, sitting up. "Where's Sam?"

"Shower." Alex closed Dean's laptop. "What's up?"

"Cas was in my dream."

"Mm. And . . ."

"And what?"

"And what did Cas want?" Alex looked at the clock. 2am.

"Where's Sam?"

"Shower. You just asked that."

"Right, right. Sorry." Dean rolled out of bed. "Sammy!" He pounded on the bathroom door. "Rise and shine. Then get your ass out here."

"Good morning to you, too," Alex grumbled.

Sam came out of the bathroom, wearing only a pair of boxers. "What?"

"We need to roll. Cas came to me in a dream. He gave me an address a few miles out." Dean threw on a jacket and grabbed his keys. "Come on."

...

They arrived outside a warehouse a few minutes later. They flicked on their flashlights, carefully entering. Alex brushed her hand over the gun in her waistband, making sure it was still there. "Well, what did he say, Dean?" Sam finally asked. "What was so important?"

"If I knew, would I be here?" Dean snapped, leading them up a flight of stairs. "Cas said he had something to tell me." He stopped. "What the hell?"

Alex squeezed past him to look around the floor. The metal rafters had collapsed and twisted, and sparks flew ever couple seconds from the exposed wires.

"It looks like a bomb went off," Sam whispered.

"There was a fight here." Dean led them farther into the warehouse, shining his flashlight around.

"Between who?" Sam and Alex followed.

Dean didn't respond. Instead, his flashlight was trained on the wall. "Check it out. Look familiar?"

Alex turned to see what he was looking at. Something was written on the wall. Something large. She quickly recognized it. "Angel banishing sigil."

"Yeah. Like what Anna used."

"So, what? Cas was fighting angels?"

"I don't know." Dean turned back to the tangle of metal. He hurried farther in. Alex followed, flinching as a spark cracked next to her. "Hey. Cas? Cas." Dean suddenly broke into a run. "Cas?"

Alex ran over to find the angel laying on the ground. His eyes were closed, and he looked unconscious.

"What? . . . What? What's going on?" Castiel shook his head, slowly sitting up. Alex stopped. That wasn't Castiel. It didn't sound like him.

"Just take it easy. Take it easy." Dean helped him up.

"Oh no." Castiel rubbed his head.

"Cas? Are you okay?" Sam stopped beside Dean.

"Ugh. Castiel. I'm not Castiel. It's me."

"Who?" Dean looked utterly confused.

But Alex understood. "Jimmy?"