Wish I May

(Well it gets a bit weird/low quality after this point again because I haven't finished rewriting so I apologize tenfold!)

The next week went by quickly. Alex settled into the routine easily. Then, one day, Dean and Lisa approached her. "You're going to school."

"What?" Alex exclaimed, sitting up straight.

"You need an education," Lisa insisted. "You start next week."

"There's only a month of school left," Alex pointed out.

"That's too bad. And if you don't pass, you can go to summer school." Dean folded his arms. "And if you don't go to school, you are going to get a job."

Alex glared up at them. "Fine. I'll go to school. Only because I want my summer off."

"Dean had your transcripts sent over last week. You start Monday."

"Transcripts?" Alex tipped her head, then shut her mouth when Dean shot her a warning glance. "Fine. So I start Monday, then."

"Yes." Lisa picked up her purse. "Come on. We're going shopping."

"Shopping. Why?" Alex groaned.

"You need school supplies." Lisa looked Alex up and down. "And new clothes."

"What's wrong with my old clothes?"

"First off, those are my clothes," Dean put in.

"You never wear them," Alex shot back. She saw Dean and Lisa exchange a glance. "Fine." Lisa disappeared upstairs, and Alex looked up at Dean. "School? Transcripts?"

Dean stretched out on the couch beside her. "It was purely Lisa's idea. She still thinks you're human. And I . . . may or may not have reused some of Sam's."

Alex huffed.

...

Alex and Lisa got back from shopping late that afternoon. Alex jumped out of the car and walked into the house to see Dean sitting on the couch, watching tv. "What are you watching?" she asked.

"Baseball." Dean shrugged. "I guess that's what normal people do."

Alex laughed. "Dean, you are anything but normal. I never liked baseball."

Dean grunted. "How was your shopping trip with Lisa?"

"Good, I suppose. I got a backpack. Haven't had one of those in several years." Alex sat down on the couch next to Dean. Lisa walked in through the front door.

"Hey, honey. We're home." Lisa was carrying several bags.

Alex winced. "Sorry. Let me help you with that." She took the bags from Lisa.

"Thank you." Lisa took her spot next to Dean. Alex carried the bags up the stairs and into her bedroom. It had originally been Lisa's office, but Dean and Lisa had agreed to switch it out with the guest bedroom to create a nice room for Alex. She dropped the bags on the bed.

"Alex?" She heard Lisa call her name.

"Coming." Alex hurried down the stairs. She was trying very hard to stay on Lisa's good side; it was always a possibility in Alex's mind that she might be asked to leave. "Can I help you?"

"Yes. Dean and I were going to go out for dinner tonight. Can you watch Ben?"

"Sure. No problem." Alex nodded.

"You'll need to make dinner for both of you."

"Uh, okay. I'll see what I can do."

"And no computer until you clean the house."