Christmas in December

Alex leaned her head against the cool window pane. He stomach churned uneasily, and she closed her eyes.

"You okay back there?"

Alex felt Dean's eyes on her, and she tried to look fine. "I'll be fine," she told him, forcing herself to make eye contact.

"You don't look so hot." Dean glanced at his brother, and Sam finally turned to look at Alex.

He reached back, placing a large palm over her forehead. "Feels hot enough to me," he joked dryly.

"Well, no puking in the car." Dean turned his eyes back to the road.

"Thanks for your concern," Alex groaned, returning her forehead to the glass.

...

She managed not to throw up in the car ride, even though it seemed like Dean intentionally hit every bump. She stumbled into the motel bathroom, bile rising in her throat. She barely got the door closed before she was bent over the toilet, vomiting.

She was pretty sure she puked up everything in her stomach, and then some. There was a hesitant knock on the door. "Alex? You okay in there?"

Alex spit once more into the toilet before flushing it. Then she leaned against the wall. "I'm, I'm okay," she called back weakly.

The door opened, and Dean stepped in. He handed her bottled water. "Here."

"Thanks." Alex closed her eyes, her body aching from the physical exertion she had just been through. She heard Dean leave as another wave of nausea swept through her.

...

When she had finally stopped vomiting, she leaned back against the wall, regaining her strength. There she waited. Her stomach felt better, and she was confident she could make it to the bed. She shakily pulled herself to her feet and stumbled out into the room. Dean was sitting at the table, and looked up when Alex appeared. His face immediately twisted into one of concern. "Are you okay?"

"No." Alex collapsed on the nearest bed, pulling her legs in close. "I feel like hell."

Dean frowned and murmured sympathetically.

"Where's Sam?" Alex asked, even though she couldn't care less.

"Went out. Dinner, I think." Dean smirked. "I hope he's bringing back something greasy. Maybe pulled pork, or hamburgers --"

"Damn you, Dean," Alex groaned, falling back on the bed. "Damn you back to hell."

Dean just laughed.

...

Sam came back less than an hour later. "How's Pip feeling?" he asked his brother.

"Not good." Alex heard Dean close his laptop. "She's pretty sick."

The bed dip, and a hand rested on Alex's forehead. Alex leaned into his cool touch, and Sam sighed. "Great."

Alex buried herself back into the bed, wiggling under the covers.

...

It was the next day that Sam got sick. Alex heard him retching in the bathroom. Dean was grumbling something about this being Alex's fault before he yelled something to them and stalked out.

Sam collapsed on the bed next to her, completely spent. Alex, feeling only slightly better, sat up, looking down at the hunter. His hair was damp and sticking to his sweaty face. Alex gently brushed the hair out of his face. "You too?"