Heartbreaker

"So get this."

Alex rolled her eyes, glancing over at the hunter. "Hm?"

Sam turned his laptop so she could see. "Remember those cattle mutilations in the news last week?"

"Yeah. Uh, down in Texas, right?" Dean walked out of the bathroom, hair still damp from the shower he had just taken. He strolled across room to them, grabbing a shirt on the way. Alex ran an eye over his muscular torso before turning back to Sam.

"Right. We didn't think much of it--"

"--because it's typical alien signs," Alex finished. "And aliens aren't real."

"Exactly. But check it out." Sam spun his laptop towards Dean. "Richard Parker. Found last night torn to shreds."

"Sounds like our kind of thing." Dean scrolled through the article. "Outside of Baytown. That's a what? Five hour drive?"

Sam agreed, and Alex groaned. "So we're leaving? Now?"

"Next five minutes or so. Get packed." Dean pulled on his shirt.

Alex rolled her eyes and rolled out of bed. She misjudged the amount of bed she had left, however, and fell flat on the floor. Sam laughed. "Shut up," Alex grumbled. She threw her clothes into her bag before rolling up a shirt she had left in the bathroom.

She grabbed her Colt 1911 from under her pillow before checking to make sure her necklace was on. Sam and Dean were already ready to go. "Let's roll." Alex slung her bag over her shoulder and followed them out.

...

They arrived in Baytown, Texas, around 11 o'clock. Sam and Alex donned on their FBI outfits and headed out to Stinson's Ranch. They dropped Dean off at the Baytown Police Station.

Sam drove the Impala down the long driveway and parked it in front of the ranch style house. They knocked on the door. An old man answered. "What'd you want?"

"Agent Ford and Rollins. FBI." Sam flashed his badge, and Alex did the same, straightening her back to seem taller. "Are you Mr. Stinson?"

"Maybe." However, the man stepped out on to the porch. "What's the matter?"

"Mr. Stinson, you are the one who's been reporting the cattle mutilations, correct?"

"Me and a couple other farmers. Why?"

"We were wondering if we could examine one of your more recent mutilations."

Mr. Stinson narrowed his eyes. "Since when's the FBI been interested in cattle deaths?"

"Since it may be linked to the murder of Richard Parker," Sam replied shortly. "It may be able to give us insight into what killed him."

"Twas aliens," the old muttered, but led them out into the fields behind his house. "There's one that happened last night." He pointed towards under a tree.

Alex and Sam followed his finger. They wrinkled their noses at the sight. Flies buzzed around a large carcass. "Go get 'em, tiger." Sam nudged her towards the dead carcass.

Alex picked up a stick and approached. The chest had been violently torn open. "This seems a little bloody to be aliens," she remarked. "The entire chest cavity's been ripped apart."

Mr. Stinson nodded. "Local cops said it was a coyote or something. Others say chupacabra. But it's aliens, through an' through."

Alex poked at the gaping wound. "And did the police say if anything was missing?"

"They didn't take too good a look."

Alex poked through the organs, taking a mental stock. She paused. Something was missing. She looked up at Sam, who looked back. Alex stood up, discarding the stick. "I think we've got everything we need, sir. Thank you for your time." She started to walk away.