Point of No Return

March 10th, 2010

Cicero, Indiana

Alex slumped in the front seat of the black Subaru Forester they had taken from the town. "How are we even going to find him?" she asked, snapping closed her phone. "He's turned off the GPS in his phone. Dean could be anywhere!"

Sam glanced over at her from behind the wheel. "We'll find him," he promised. "We have to." He merged over, then turned down a ramp onto another highway.

Alex glanced at the sign curiously. "You know where you're going?" They had been driving for three days, and so far, Nothing. No sign of Dean at all.

"I think I have an idea." Sam turned towards a town, and Alex glanced at the sign. "Cicero?" She looked over at Sam. "Why are we here?"

"Dean's got . . . a friend. Lisa." Sam slowed down, coasting down the road. "Lisa. They had a thing a while back, then we worked a case down here." He glanced out the side window. "If I were Dean, I'd come here. There." He turned the car into a motel parking lot.

Alex scanned the cars, and her heart melted in relief as she saw the ever-familiar Chevy Impala. "Dean's here."

"Yeah. It's about time." Sam turned off the car and threw open the door. "Call Cas."

Alex pulled out her phone. "Hey Cas. We found Dean. Cicero, Indiana. Uh, Blackhawk Motel."

Sam stalked up to the door the Impala was parked in front of and knelt down, picking the lock. Alex waited impatiently. It clicked, and Sam pushed his way into the room.

Dean stood with his back to them, a bottle of scotch on the nightstand, and a cardboard box on the bed.

"Sending someone a candy-gram?" Sam asked dryly.

Dean turned around. He was silent for several seconds, shocked. "How did you find me?"

"You're going to kill yourself, right? It's not too hard to figure out the stops on the Farewell Tour. How's Lisa doing, anyways?"

Dean looked down at his glass. "I'm not going to kill myself."

"No? So Michael's not about to make you his Muppet? What the hell, man? This is how it ends? You just . . . walk out?"

"Yeah, I guess." Dean sounded absolutely defeated, and Alex's heart ached. He refilled his glass.

"How could you do that?"

"How could I? All you've ever done is run away." Dean's voice grew in angry.

"And I was wrong! Ever single time I did." He let out a long breath, quieting down. "Just . . . please. Not now. Bobby is working on something."

"Oh really?" Dean challenged. "What?" Sam didn't answer, and Dean continued. "You got nothing and you know it."

"You know I have to stop you."

"Yeah, well, you can try. Just remember. You're not all hopped up on demon blood this time." Dean put down his glass and balled his first, ready to fight. Alex stepped back. If Cas didn't show up, this could turn bloody.

"Yeah, I know. But I brought help."

At those words, Dean turned around, confused. Castiel stood there. He reached out and touched Dean's forehead. The hunter slumped to the ground.

Sam hurried over to his brother. He searched his pockets. "Alex. Keys."

Alex nodded. She searched the motel while Sam, with the help of Cas, pulled Dean up. They carried him out the door as Alex turned to the cardboard box. In big black letters were written the words 'ROBERT SINGER." She flipped out her knife and cut through the duct tape sealing it.