2.3

same day

[luke]

"Fuck it." He said, smashing their lips together.

Sam was surprised with what Luke had just done. She stood there frozen as he pulled away, looking her straight in the eye with a slight bit of worry.

"Why didn't you kiss me back?" Luke asked, his expression hard to read.

She looked down at the ground, opening her mouth to speak but quickly shut it.

"Sam, look at me." He said softly, tilting her chin up with his thumb.

As soon as their blue eyed locked Sam frantically ran down the stairs of Luke's house and headed straight for the door.

Luke followed after her, despite the questions from Michael and Kat who were still sat on his couch, Luke kept running.

"Sam! Stop!" Luke yelled, but she kept running as fast as her legs could take her.

He was confused why she ran like that, was his kiss too much? Did he not do it right? Did he have bad breath? Tons of questions ran through his mind as he chased after her.

Lucky for him, his long legs could take him farther than Sam's, so he caught up to her at last.

"Samantha." Luke said sternly, grabbing her wrist to make her stop running. She pulled her hand away from his grasp immediately.

"Leave me alone. You're annoying me." Sam faked laughed, hoping the insult would make him think she was okay.

"Did I do something wrong?" Luke asked as he followed her over to a small swing set in a playground.

She stayed quite and sat down on a swing, pushing her legs back and fourth to pick up a little speed.

He thought for a few moments of a way to get her to talk to him. Once it came to him he said, "You know, the way you're acting is such a cliché."

"What?" Sam snapped, turning her gaze from a small child playing on the slide to his icy stare.

"The way you're acting, such a cliché I mean you see it in all the movies, boy kisses girl, girl runs away but eventually it all works out." Luke grinned, resting his hands in his lap as he slowly swung back and fourth.

"I am not a cliché." She groaned, the idea of her becoming a cliché made her stomach turn.

"Well, you're acting like one." He smirked.

"Alright fine, I'll tell you what's wrong you annoying shit." Sam gave in finally and he mentally patted himself on the back.

"So you know how you try to touch me a lot? You probably think I push you away because you're gross, which is true," Luke frowned, "But the main reason is that I have a phobia of something."

"What is it?" He asked softly, his body telling him to grab her hand but his mind telling him about the rejection he would receive if he did so.

"I uh, I have this small phobia of being touched by people." Sam looked away from him again, her hands tapping her knee out of nervousness.

"Like, sexually?" Luke asked, shocked.

"Yeah, but I don't like any sort of touching unless I know the person really, really well. I pretty much only can handle hugs."

"I'm so sorry Sam." He said, unsure of what else to say.

"You didn't know, it's fine. What are you gonna do." Sam chuckled sadly, biting down on her lip.

"Can it be fixed?"

"Eventually, if I open myself up, the doctors say, but it'll be difficult."

"Did uh, Drew have something to do with this?" Luke asked, scared to ask that question.

"I've always had this disorder, but yes he helped make it worse. He wanted to you know, do stuff and I told him I couldn't and Drew doesn't take no for an answer, that is until you kick him in the balls." Sam laughed at the last part.

"You know I'd never do that, right?" He asked quietly, his teeth digging into the metal piercing on his lip.

She nodded slowly looking away from him yet again.

"I want to help you." Luke said, leaning his swing over to grab her hand softly. He could feel her flinch as his finger rubbed softly on the top of her hand.

"You don't need to help me." Sam scoffed.

"But I want too." He smirked, his hand still on hers.

"You, Luke Hemmings, are very annoying."

//

After the events that had occurred, Sam had made Luke promise they would have some fun after they left the park, she didn't like sappy ass moments, as she called them.

"Where should we go to eat?" Luke said, digging through his pocket to find some change to get them on the bus.

"McDonald's, that is my happy place." Sam smiled like a little kid would.

"Shall I order you a happy meal then?" Luke grinned as they hopped on a bus and walked to the back of the bus.

"Have you seen how tiny those fuckers are? I need a real sized meal."

"Alright then, big girl meal it is." Luke laughed as they settled into their seats in the bus.

Sam shifted back into her seat, leaning her head against the window as she thought about the events that occurred earlier.

Before she knew it she could feel Luke's hand tapping her thigh, causing her to jump at the sudden contact.

"You really zoned out there." Luke chucked as they stepped off the bus and made their way to McDonald's just across the street from the bus stop.

"What were you thinking about?" He continued on.

"Calum's arms." She said with a dry expression. Luke's expression changed quickly but she ruined it by laughing too soon.

"God you're so gullible." Sam continued to laugh as she pushed open the doors to McDonald's.

"Fucking bitch." Luke mumbled under his breath.

"Heard that."

"How the fuck did you hear that?!" He whined, stomping his foot on the ground as they stood in line to order their food.

"I know all, young Lucas."

//

i end chapters so weirdly wow. this may be the last update you see,, my otra is on friday (july 17th) and I may not survive :'(( pray 4 me

just wanted to say the phobia that sam has is called "Haphephobia" it can be really bad but she doesn't have it extremely bad, and I know the girls in fanfics always have some problem but this goes along in the plot and won't be mentioned a lot bc it's sad and I don't like sad things !:-)

idk why sam has an obsession with McDonalds I don't even really like it there besides there fries and ice cream lmao

there will be some ;) ;) action soon if you get what I'm puttin' down

sorry this is short :-(

- jess