2.6

may 20th, 1:25am

same day

[sam]

"But I told you I would," Luke looked up into her eyes, "And I never break promises."

Sam nodded with a small smile at what Luke had just said to her. It was really nice of him to say what he did, but she knew it wouldn't last. She didn't believe in good things lasting forever, because they don't- in her mind.

As you know, Sam is very pessimistic and always thinks of the negative before anything else. She wished some of Kat's optimism would rub off on her at some point but after all these years, still nothing.

Kat and Sam have been friends for as long as they can remember, they aren't completely sure why they're friends considering how different they are from each other but as everyone says, opposites attract.

Sam never branched out after becoming friends with Kat, simply because she wasn't the best at making friends from a young age. Since Kat is overly friendly she was obviously the one to establish the relationship.

Though Sam didn't always like Kat, she was very lucky to have a friend like her and she knew that.

"Right, well I should get some sleep." She awkwardly stood up from her bed and stared down at Luke.

She found it weird to be looking down at him since she is always looking up at him due to his height.

"Yeah, right. Well, goodnight." He smiled and shut her door behind her.

Luke paused as he closed her door before turning on his heals and opening her door again.

"Let's try something." Luke bluntly said as she was just getting into bed.

"I'm not having sex with you, Luke." Sam scoffed.

"No! That's not what I mean. I think we should sleep in the same bed together, to you know help build your comfort." He said, rubbing his neck as he awkwardly stood in her doorframe.

"Uh, I don't know if I'm comfortable with that." She said, sitting up in her bed, her eyes looking anywhere but his.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable, I just want to cuddle." Luke giggled, the last bit of alcohol floating around in his system still. He was a giggly drunk.

"You don't seem like a cuddler." Sam chuckled, sweeping a hand through her mess of brown hair.

"Oh, you don't even know how good I am." He giggled again, jumping onto her bed and snuggling up by her side.

"You're very giggly when drunk." She stated.

"No I'm not!" Luke pouted, nuzzling his head into her neck.

"Luke! Your beard tickles." Sam let out a soft giggle and his smile widened as he pulled away from her neck.

"I made you giggle." He smiled proudly and she rolled her eyes with yet another scoff.

"You didn't, the beard did."

"My magical beard." He giggled for probably the 20th time today.

"Go to sleep." Sam laughed at the large boy in her bed. His feet almost hung off the edge because of his height and the fact that her bed wasn't the longest.

"I wanna stay up all night!"

"Stop referencing One Direction, it's weird coming from you."

"What?" He asked, looking rather confused. His face snugged up in such a cute way when he was confused, the sight made you want to laugh.