5.4

june 25th, 12:36 pm

[sam]

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon in England, the air warm and the sky blue, not a cloud in the sky to be seen for miles. The breeze just perfect, making the heat feel just right.

It wasn't too hot nor cold, it was just right. Today was truly a perfect summer day but what was Sam doing on this perfect sunny day?

She was stuck inside, sat quietly in her room as she worked on some of her school work.

She wasn't really that interested in doing this, but she just wanted to get it out of the way and plus she didn't really have anything better to do.

Sam groaned as she realized how much more work she had to do. To give someone this much work should be illegal, she thought.

Being a bit frustrated with her work, she decided to take a break from studying to get some food.

She closed her laptop shut and made her way downstairs to get some food. She let out a rather long sigh as she was faced with a practically empty fridge.

Sam glanced over at the clock on the oven and decided that she had enough time to pop out and get a quick snack since there was nothing in the house to eat.

She slipped on her shoes and grabbed her keys, then headed out the door. She mumbled to herself about how she really needed to get her licence soon so she could drive herself places instead of walking and bussing everywhere.

She was almost eighteen years old, she should be driving by now, she thought to herself. As she was walking down the street she heard her phone start to ring in her pocket.

She pulled her phone out of her back pocket and gave a confused look to who was calling.

She hesitantly swiped the answer button on her screen, "Hello?" She said into the phone.

"Hey Sam! It's Calum. Can we talk?"

//

About an hour later, Sam met up with Calum at his house. She had never been to Calum's house before, but she was rather impressed with the size of home.

Despite the fact that Sam still had a lot of studying to do, she decided that studying could wait until later on. He sounded like he really wanted to talk, so she said that she would be there to chat with him after she ate, of course.

Sam knocked on the door of Calum's house a few times before he came to the door with a wide smile and open arms. He pulled her into a quick hug and welcomed her into his home.

She took off her shoes and followed Calum into his living room. Just as they were about to go up the stairs, who Sam assumed to be Calum's mother stopped them.

"Calum, who's this?" The lady asked, making them both stop in their tracks.

Calum turned around and said, "Mum, this is my friend Sam. Sam, this is my mum, mum this is Sam."

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Hood." Sam smiled and stuck out her hand to shake with his mother.

"Oh please, call me Joy. It's nice to meet you too, love." Joy said with a warm smile as she shook Sam's hand.

"Are you two dating?" Calum's mother asked them, they both quickly shook their heads, Sam's face turning a bit red.

"No, no. We're just friends, Sam's taken anyway." Calum said with a cheeky little smile at Sam, nudging her side with his shoulder.

She shot him a quick glare and then looked back at Joy to nod along with what Calum was saying.

It wasn't exactly all true, but she didn't really feel she needed to explain to his mother that Luke wasn't really her boyfriend and she wasn't currently taken.