3.5

same day

[sam]

"What are you-" she tried to speak but she was cut off with Luke's lips.

She stumbled back as a bit as she pressed his lips against hers. She was taken aback by his unexpected forwardness. He had tried to kiss her before, but not like this. Her mind told her to push away, yet she decided to not be so predictable and pull away so quick.

She pressed into his lips a little harder, causing Luke's eyes to widen at the force she had. He pressed back with just as much force.

Soon they ended up backing up into a wall behind them with a loud thud. She could feel Luke smiling into the kiss. She could feel his stubble on his chin tickling her skin. Pulling away, she looked up at him, breathless almost.

"You liked that." Luke said, smirking.

"No, I didn't." Sam said stubbornly, shoving his shoulder.

"Are you sure?" He said, pulling her closer so she could feel his warm breath on her skin.

She felt a little uncomfortable but she covered it up with a cocky response.

"Yes, I've kissed better." She challenged. Sam never liked to give complements up easily, especially to Luke who would go on about it if she did.

"Mmhm, yeah no I don't think so princess." Luke said, his blue eyes almost darkening, if that was even possible.

"You seem so sure about that, cocky much?" Sam chuckled a bit, smirking as he stepped even closer, completely disobeying personal space.

"I'm only cocky because I'm right and you know it." He chuckled cockily, licking his lips slowly. Her eyes started to the black shiny ring on his bottom lip, but quickly she looked away.

"You wanna prove it?" She raised her brows, cocking her head to the side.

"Princess, you sure about that?" Luke said, making good use of that nickname she despised.

"Prove it to me." Sam repeated.

He started to lean in, she took a deep breath as she lips brushed against hers once again. His lips were so soft, she thought. Wait, what are you thinking, Sam? She asked herself

Suddenly, a loud noise caused them to both jump. It was Sam's phone. That damn phone constantly was getting in the way of their 'moments'

"What?" Sam snapped into the phone, not bothering to see who the caller ID was.

"Sam, you need to come over right now I just found something you need to see." Kat said into the phone, her tone sounding worried.

"Can it wait?" She sighed, stepping away from Luke as he watched her with slight concern.

"No, it can't. This is about Luke." Kat urged.

"Fine then. I'll see you soon." Sam huffed as she hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Luke asked as she hung up the phone.

"My uh... Dad." She stuttered for a moment, not wanting to tell him that she was leaving for Kat. He nodded and watched as she walked back down the stairs to grab her things.

"I have to go, I'm sorry." Sam said, not even realizing that she actually apologized to him.

"It's okay but," he started, grabbing her wrist softly so she would turn around, "What happened up there isn't finished, so I expect to carry on with that soon."