5.0

(this may seem rather unrealistic but after all, this is fiction)

same day

[sam]

"You can't do this to me." Sam said, gritting her teeth at the cop who was pulling her out of the car, "I didn't do anything!"

"We just need to you answer questions, Miss Maxwell." The man said to her.

"So you handcuff me? Last time I checked, that isn't how it works." She sassily said to him.

"I would use a nicer tone with me, love." He pushed her a bit forward. She just scoffed and mumbled a few swears at him under her breath.

Sam looked over to Luke who looked extremely calm, almost smug even. He turned his head to look at her and sent her a quick smirk before turning his head forward.

She narrowed her eyes at his strangely calm behaviour. How did he not look the least bit nervous? He was in handcuffs for God's sake.

"Sit here please, we will come to you two for questions shortly." A female officer said to them and shut the door and turned the lock.

Sam let out a shaky breath, "I can't believe Ashton called the cops."

"It was apart of the plan." Luke chuckled quietly, as if it was obvious.

"Wait, what?" Her head snapped up.

"This was all planned." He replied, shrugging his broad shoulders.

"Okay, what's going on Luke?" Asked a rather confused looking Sam.

"When Michael brought up this plan, I didn't really think us making out in Jack's house would really hurt him, so I decided to come up with my own plan." Luke started.

"I knew that Jack had guns in his house and way too many over the legal limit, so I told Ashton to call the cops once Jack got home. I had planned they would check the house and I knew they'd find some drugs that Jack keeps in a safe in the guest bedroom. Little did I know the dumb ass would pull a gun on us, making the plan even sweeter. I told Ash to tell the cops that they needed to take us in as well, to make it seem more dramatic. There's no way they would arrest the people who called in." Luke explained.

"You sly bastard." She said, feeling a bit flabbergasted.

He just let out a chuckle and shot her a smile.

"Why were they so willing to listen to you?" Sam asked, shaking her head as she tried to make sense of these unusual events she was apart of.

"Mentioning Jack's name is good enough. They've been looking for him awhile and when someone calls and can give the cops his whereabouts, they'll easily make a deal with you."

"Really?"

"They're desperate to find him, do you know how much shit he causes?" Asked Luke.

"You seemed like you had no idea what was going on. Acting props to you." Sam complemented.

"And Ashton was in on this?

"100%"

"Why did you think having them handcuff us was a good idea?" She asked.

"I've always wanted to be handcuffed by a cop." He joked, cheekily grinning at her.

"Hm, kinky. Wait, hold on, where are the others?" Sam asked, suddenly realizing that their friends didn't join them in the ride to the cop shop.

"I guess they all got out the back door." Luke shrugged, looking down at his phone.

"They weren't in on the plan?" Asked a confused Sam.