5.7

june 28th, 4:22 pm

[luke]

Luke was sat in his bed, thoughts spilling out of his mind.

Ever since coming to realization that he was in fact in love with Sam, it was the only thing on his mind. At first he didn't even believe himself.

Luke had never even been close to something called love.

If he had never even been close to love, how could he know that he loved Sam you ask? When you love somebody, you just know. You can feel it.

The worst thing about coming to terms with your love for someone is knowing that they may not feel the same way.

Sure, that doesn't always happen but in Luke's case, he knew she didn't love him back. 

Now, Luke was just basing off of assumptions and we all know assumptions aren't always correct.

Sometimes Luke was a bit of a know it all and he was certain she didn't feel the same way.

Truth was nobody knew how Sam felt, not even Sam herself. Luke wanted to tell her how he felt so badly, but also the thought of telling her made him want to drown himself.

Luke was feeling another emotion that he had never really felt before.

Rejection.

No girl would ever turn Luke down, always been that way. He had things so easy with other girls.

As cliché as it sounds, Sam wasn't like the other girls he had been around. She was so hard to get with and to tell the truth, he liked the chase.

The fun is in the chase, as they say. Luke almost thrived on the chase until he realized that he loves her. Now all he wants to do is kiss her and call her his.

Though the chase wasn't over, as he had not caught her quite yet.

Luke felt the need to talk to someone about this as if he kept it all in, eventually he would go crazy.

Who could he talk to though? It would be a bit awkward to come to his mum about this, Ashton would probably tell Sam by accident and Michael would just laugh at him, probably.

So that left only one other person who he could talk to without feeling judgement as he couldn't really give a shit about what this person thought about him anyway.

Calum.

//

Luke tapped his fingers on the table to the beat of the soft music playing in a café he was sat in. Calum agreed to meet with Luke purely on the fact of his curiosity getting the best of him.

It's not like Calum wanted to help Luke in anyway, he just liked to listen to people's problems and drama sometimes. It was about half past five pm when Calum showed up at the café.

Luke motioned Calum over to his table to sit down with him. Luke hadn't given any sort of context about his problem to Calum, he just insisted that he meet with him and give him some advice.

Luke felt slightly awkward asking him to do this for him since they weren't friends, but he didn't really have anyone else to ask.

Despite the fact Luke was popular at school, his circle of friends wasn't really all that big, but that was by choice.

He preferred to have a smaller group of good mates then a large group of fake ones.

"So, what's up?" Calum asked wearily.