5.1

same day

[luke]

"I've been worse to you, Sam." He said, his voice seeming sad all of the sudden.

"No you haven't?" She said confusedly.

"I should go." Luke said quickly.

"What? Luke wait please-" The call was ended.

Luke threw his phone into his bed and let out a deep sigh.

He knew he couldn't keep lying to her like this, but things between her and him were starting to get much better and if she found out the truth, it would throw that all to shit.

All of this was becoming redundant. The thoughts, the ongoing lies, the constant feeling of guilt. Luke knew this needed to end soon, but he was scared.

No, he wouldn't admit to anyone that he was scared, but deep down he was awfully scared of the future. This could have never happened if it wasn't for his anger issues.

Here's the thing that Luke never thought about, though. If Luke didn't make his deal with Jack, he would have probably never met Sam.

Sure, they went to the same school and he had seen her around before and all, but he never took an interest in her until he needed to.

He wonders why he didn't take interest in her sooner though, she was really something if you got to know her.

In the end, they've only known each other for a few months, but it's felt like an eternity.

They've been through more crazy stuff together in the past few months than they've been though alone in their whole lives.

They've been through a lot together already and Luke was terrified that it would all come to an end soon.

He just wanted to be happy, but he knew that this was his fault and only he could fix it.

He was feeling beyond stressed at this point. The end of school nearing and this seemingly never ending battle with Jack.

Rubbing his eyes tiredly, he got back into bed and tried to fall back asleep.

//

As Luke got ready for school the next morning he spotted his camera sitting on his desk. He hadn't really used it to take any pictures in awhile since he's been a little busy with other things.

He softly smiled as he picked up his camera and scrolling through his pictures. His eyes caught onto a photo of Sam.

He loved this photo of her a lot. She looked so genuinely happy. Beautiful, she was. Luke squeezed his eyes shut as bad thoughts started to pour back into his head.

He set the camera back down and walked into the washroom to splash his face. As he dried off his face with a towel, he started to feel slightly better.

Returning back to his room, he grabbed his bag and keys, then headed back downstairs to greet his mum who was making herself some coffee.

"Morning," Liz said, giving Luke a warm smile as she poured some milk into her coffee, "Want some?"

"No," He paused, eyeing the pot of hot coffee, "Yes actually."

He gave her a half smile as she poured him a cup. He hoped this would help wake him up since he didn't get enough sleep last night, as usual.

"Something on your mind?" His mum asked, feeling a bit concerned about her overly quite son.

"No." Luke simply replied, shaking his head.