2.9

may 24th, 6:57am

[luke]

Luke had been sat in bed for hours, not watching a second of sleep. He had been lying there for hours, but he just couldn't sleep. His thoughts consumed him so much it was impossible to sleep. He had done something that made it difficult to shut his brain off. Luke had decided to just stay awake, since he had to get ready for school soon.

He groaned, sitting up from his pillow and tugging at the ends of his hair. He gazed out at the window where the early morning sky was looking rather picturesque. After a few more minutes of laying in bed, he decided to get his ass out of bed to have a shower. Luke walked out into the hallway to see that his mum was still asleep, he let out a relived sigh because if she was awake, she would either be in the shower or nagging at him to get out.

Luke turned on the shower and quickly hot in, the familiar warm feeling of the hot water hitting his skin. After he finished up in the shower, he got out and dried off. As the steam from the mirror dissipated, his reflection was viewable. He glanced up into the mirror, the circles under his eyes were more visible than normal and his flat, wet hair making him cringe the slightest. He didn't like when his hair wasn't in it's normal, somewhat of a quiff.

Luke soon returned back to his bedroom to get changed, he grabbed his usual black pair of jeans followed with a grey with black striped sweater. As he pulled the material over his body he remembered the day him and Sam got caught in the rain and he let her barrow his sweater, which was this very one.

Thinking of Sam turned his thoughts back to what kept him awake all night. He quickly shook his head of the stupid thoughts and walked downstairs to make himself breakfast.

"Good morning, mum." Luke said halfheartedly as he brushed past his mother to get to the fridge.

"Morning Luke. Sleep well?" Liz asked as she chopped up from fruit.

He laughed in his head at he question, "Yeah I did."

"Good." She smiled, nodding at him. He fake grinned at her, knowing what he said was a straight up lie.

"Have you seen my telephoto lens recently?" He asked, sitting down at the table.

"Yeah, it's in the living room. Why?"

"I need it for something." Luke said vaguely. She looked at him with an unsure look, but quickly brushed it off.

"Taking some pictures before school?" Liz asked, smiling down at her son.

"Uh, yeah." He said as he quickly stood up from the table to walk into the living room to receive his precious lens.

This lens was his favourite. He loved how far he good zoom in with this lens, and of course the quality of the pictures he got from it. Luke didn't have many lenses since more lenses cost more than his life was worth, in his opinion.

Once he spotted his lens, he grinned and rushed upstairs to get his camera.

"God damnit Luke! You always make such a mess in the shower!" Liz yelled from down the hall. He chuckled to himself and rolled his eyes as he heard this almost every morning.

"Sorry mum!" Luke yelled back at her. He heard a slam of the door, meaning she was getting in the shower. He grabbed his camera and laptop, then plugging his camera into his laptop.

He scrolled through the many photos he had on his SD card, until he landed on one that he didn't even remember taking. He clicked on the thumbnail so the photo would open to full size.

His eyes gazed at the picture on his screen. It was a picture of Sam on a rooftop, that he had taken awhile back. Luke slowly remembered that night and smiled to himself at the memory.