Chapter six | Death wish

Please Vote, comment, follow me guys.

___________________________

After finishing Payne's sentence I pretty much waited for my death and I braced myself for his roar.

I closed my eyes tightly and prepared for pain. Mom and dad, here I come.

He growled loudly and began stalking toward me. I was frozen in place with fear. He grabbed me by my pony tail and pulled me roughly behind him. He was practically dragging me because my short feet couldn't keep up with his quick pace. His hold was so tight on my hair I couldn't hold it in anymore.
I screamed.

Another thing I shouldn't have done. He turned to face me and pulled on my hair more forcing me to look at him.His eyes were glowing with rage and I wanted so badly for him to let me go so I could shrink and fall to the ground. His free hand held me by my neck and his eyes screamed the threat that he hadn't said outloud. This moment reminded be however that I wasn't dealing with just anybody, Payne was a monster, a murderer and being mates didn't matter to him it hadn't even sunk it yet.

His hold on my neck wasn't suffocating but it was a warning that it could get worse. Looking into my eyes he saw right through my walls and saw how I truly felt for what he was doing. His mouth was in a straight line as he stared at me. Not even a hit of regret or remorse in his eyes. "Don't ever do that again." He warned his voice in a growl but I didn't care of his tone or what he said.

He released my throat.

"You've proven yourself." I growled out and his face stayed the same. Giving nothing away but I didn't care what he saw in my face because anger was the majority. A few seconds after he gave me a tight smile.

"Good, I hope you see where we stand on this mate shit and if you say one word to my sister. I'll do the honours of giving you what you want. I'll kill you."

I stared to into his grey eyes trying to hate my mate that had held me by my throat as a warning.

He loosened his grip on my hair but he didn't let go as he began walking again, dragging me behind his large form.

My body was bent awkwardly as I was forced to follow him head first and I could feel a headache coming on. It didn't matter trying to beg him to just completely let me go, he wouldn't care how much pain I was in and from the looks of it he didn't really want to let me go. He wanted me to suffer.

We kept this painful treck up until he reached the castle. As soon as we entered the large double doors he released my hair pushing me forward to the ground where I also fell headfirst. The marble under me was hard and definitely not comforting to my skin that felt like it was on fire. I massaged the path of my scalp which he made sore while tugging at my hair. I refused to get up and luckily he didn't look too hurried for me to get up either.

"Delia!" His voice traveled through the hallways and into every room with his loud call. His tone wasn't upset or in any particular tone just the one I'd gotten used to. The flat and bored sound. I couldn't help but wonder who he was calling and I looked up just as I heard footsteps pad through the halls.

It was the same maid from earlier who I had knocked out and I felt my guilt return. This time she wasn't wearing her long robes instead she wore a dress colored in black and white with a lace background. It was a maid's outfit but it didn't pass her knees or look as ragged as her other uniform. She looked quiet pretty with her brown hair in a high pony tail at the top of head and her hazel brown eyes that stared so longingly at Payne. Was this girl serious? Or were my eyes deceiving me? She looked no older than I was and for a split second I found that I wanted to smash her head into a wall again for looking at my mate like that but then I thought, he's a monster, he wouldn't want her even if she had all the looks and the maximum of things he'd ever want. He just looks like he's not that type of guy or maybe it was just me.