Chapter Forty | I need help

Payne

Alexis cried herself to ѕleep murming words that added up to what was making her cry but without her explaining herself I knew she was torn about what happened with her parents. I would have thought something was wrong with her if she hadn't cried or reacted the way she did even though in the moment of the big reveal I was hysteric and trying to hide it, its just that she looked so adorable when she was upset, her face would turn a light shade of pink and her small mouth would tighten into a small  pink ball on her face. She was so angry I wonder if she noticed she was slightly shaking?

While Alexis cried into the pillows I felt extremely useless because I had no idea what to do.
I had no idea if she liked when I hugged her when she cried because in my last attempts she pushed me away.

I ended up lying next to her and stroking her back as she cried and got mesmerized by how warm and soft she felt even over her PJs.

I fell asleep at some point and the next thing I knew I woke up crushing Alexis with my body.

I flew off of her the minute I noticed and landed on my feet next to the bed almost falling in the process.

I cursed under my breath.

With my body's absence she turned in her sleep and curled up into her pillow.

Watching her blindly search for me in her sleep brought a smile to my lips and I was even tempted to go back to bed with her.

I'd never slept with someone before, didn't like the idea of someone possibly drooling on me or someone hugging me for an entire night.

Well, all that plus the fact that people were scared to even be too close to me. I didn't really mind though but like I said about a hundred times, Alexis was different and my only acception.

Stretching I decided to go back to my room. I had a lot of things to get done today. I needed space from Alexis too.

We'd made a big step in our relationship last night and I had no idea what I'm supposed to do now. Yes, we were officially together or whatever and even though we had a thorough talk about this I couldn't help the worry that was weighing on my back. What had I been thinking when I kissed her in front of everyone?

Or yeah, I was cheering her up.
I knew how it felt to give up and wish for death, hell, I would have killed myself years ago if it weren't for my sister.

Opening my bedroom door I entered into the black room, all my rooms were black, in all my houses I had to have a black room, it just felt right.

Going to my bathroom I showered and shaved my growing stubble. Spiking out my hair I changed into a grey hoodie and black slacks. Shoving my  feet into a pair of slippers and exiting the room I heard Payge's almost silent snoring and decided to check up on her.

Entering into her purple and pink room it screamed girly except for some black furniture inbetween.

I could see her black long hair spill out from under her white bed sheets and suddenly the snoring stopped.

She rose off the bed ungracefully and big grey eyes met mine.

"Fucking hell Payne! Trying to give me a heart attack?" When her shock wore off she laughed a bit then went silent.

"Sorry to wake you u—"

Her face turned pale and she dry heaved. Then she so much as flew off the bed as she ran into the bathroom and in there I could hear her throw up.

It was unsettling and I felt obligated to do something other than stand in one spot but I stood there, by the door, looking at the purple walls. They seemed really interesting at that point.