Chapter twenty five | Lesson #1

"You lack stamina for a wolf. We're not supposed to stop. Ever. You're not supposed to get tired after a day of running, running is enjoyable never painful, its a hobby for your wolf-Are you even listening to me Alexis?" Payne growled out and I snapped back to attention.

It was quite hard to do that when I felt a new degree of naked though. Explanation for such?
- Payge dressed me.

So Payne didn't quite enjoy the fact that my baggy pants wasn't quite baggy enough and the top I wore wasn't firm enough against my chest. Payge got excited toward the idea of dressing me though but I couldn't help but get suspicious when Payne insisted that I ask her myself and with the slightest of mention of her brother I saw her flinch or she'd change the subject immediately. Strange.

Long sentence short she dressed me like one of those hot cheerleaders from those movies but the short and the tightness aside I was lacking one thing, the hot part. This was embarrassing and from the looks of it Payne was trying very hard not to laugh at me and it made me even more uncomfortable.

Black knee lenght tights and a matching black, thin strapped vest that stopped just under my boobs and they were pushing my small boobs into my longs. All these were enough to make anyone self conscious even if they were standing in front of their mate that's supposed to be training them, actually, especially as they stood in front of their mate who's supposed to be training them.

"Alexis." I rose my head up and found those silver/grey eyes of his. They shone with something different today and even though I couldn't place it I had a bad feeling about it. "Stop getting distracted and focus on what I'm teaching you. The faster you learn the faster this will all be over with." He stated as he stood a little way in front of me. He was looming over me even though he wasn't close. With black sweats and a black armless top he was all kinds of intimidating, especially as those big tattoos on his pale skin were revealed.

The faster I learned, faster it'll be over with huh? Wasn't that the truth.

************
Payne's P.O.V

Standing in the middle of the woods my first instinct as I saw Alexis exit the castle was to take her ass right back in until she was fully clothed. Maybe in something of mine so my scent would have been all over her. Nobody would even be allowed to look her way.

But then reality and the real me slapped in. She's not mine and even though that mate part of me wanted her badly I knew that wasn't going to work.

And even if she looked fucking amazing in my sister's clothes it wasn't right to stare or feel any how about it. It definitely wasn't right to feel the way I did about her right now. Something had my stomach churning and I felt the strangest thing in my lower region that I never had before.

Those black clothes did wonders for her pale skin and those black tights? Her ass looked even better than usual. Her breasts were squeezing against the fitted material of the vest and even though the swells were small they made a big impact all over me. Her stomach was flat and literally just staring at me. All that revealed skin wasn't healthy for me right now.

She was too pure and even though she went through her own hell in that pack, she was an innocent. Never killed I'm sure and I'd never like to see her with blood on her hands either.

Friends. Friendly thoughts.
Good thoughts. She deserved better than my filthy thoughts but the pure and clean thoughts I had of her. What could be something will never be. I would ruin and destroy the poor girl.

"You are the cause of destruction and nothing good will ever come from anything you do."

As my father's voice pummeled through my brain I shook my head to clear them. His words were true though and indeed I would destroy her. I don't know how to show her or give her what a mate is supposed to be there for and I didn't know how to I don't know, have feelings? But today, this was about Alexis, training her to defend herself so when I let her go she could survive out in the world without anyone taking advantage of her.

"You know the area and I want you to make twenty laps for me. To the lake and back twenty times. If you return to me after those twenty times with the slightest panting for breath-" I paused as I took in her expression and I gave her a grin that must have been pure evil, "-you'll have twenty more and then if the result is the same you'll go again. Do you understand what I'm telling you?" When she nodded I shook my head. Nodding wasn't an answer in my father's book and would be punished easily with a slap across your face. I wasn't my father though and even after all Alexis and I have gone through with me hurting her, I would never wish for her to endure the same things as my sister and I had.

"Say yes if you understand what I'm telling you." When I got an exaggerated "yes" I waited for a moment of silence for her to catch her breath and when she least expected it, I yelled out a loud "GO!!"

***********
"Is that sweat on your forehead?" I asked roughly and passed a hand over the shiny flesh on her forehead. It was sweat but at least her breathing was under control.

"Just a little. The sun is extremely hot out here and it's my body's natural response to it." She informed me and I simply nodded. Out in the woods here the trees around us with their branches partially blocking the sun it was as if the branches were blocking the wind around us as well.

"How do you feel?" I asked after a while and a look of determination filled her beautiful eyes.

"I'm ready for something else." I had to smile for that. She wanted to learn.

"Stretch out over there and your warm up will be completed, once you've completed your stretches we'll begin some hand to hand okay?" Now there was a sign of fear in her eyes that I expected. "I'm teaching you not beating you up on purpose." I added and her eyes turned into tiny slits as she glared at me.

"You better keep your word Payne because once I learn how to fight, if you hit me on purpose again, I'll kick your ass." There was more than a hint of playfulness in her tone and I couldn't help the round of laughter that came out.

"I'd like to see you do that Alexis. No ones ever done that before." She rolled her eyes at that and I took the sign of distraction and made it to good use.

Throwing a punch her way she snapped to attention but she wasn't fast enough to dodge it. I didn't hit her though. I stopped the fist a few inches from her face.

She was utterly terrified. She had issues with being hit. Her natural response was no longer to protect herself but wait for the pain to come. I felt a pang in my chest at that. The strangest feelings came out every time I was around this girl but as I stared back at her and her blue eyes opened wide with fear, I could almost relate to her. I've been in her position before and there was a part of me that wished I could have told her that it would all be okay but the truth was, the past never leaves you completely even after hundreds of years. It'll be in you like a second skin, the scars that you obtained not only physically but mentally would always be there, even when you think its all gone. She suffered so much and being my mate didn't just put the cherry at the top, it put the icing, whipped cream, cherry and sprinkles. She was totally fucked.

Ahhhhh !!! I updated !!
So I got a break from my tons of school work and I'm really glad I got to write.
I hope you enjoyed this my lovelies. VOTE AND COMMENT what you thought!!!! And show your love.

BTW. I was wondering if you guys think I should change the book's cover? It's kind of boring but here's the thing. If I am to change it I'll have no time and I'm not totally good in editing covers but if any of you are interested you can inbox me and I'll tell you how you can send your pic ideas to me. Orrr .. You guys could just comment what you think would suit the book and I'll try my best to get something of the sort.
Well .. Until next time guys ...
Xoxo
Random.