Chapter twelve | Dream

Double update !!.
So hey to all my readers !!
I hope you enjoy this chapter
Also if you like how I write you can follow me and check out my other books.
___________________

After spending a few more hours with Payge I left her and went to my room which was on the other wing of the castle. This side was actually more presentable and welcoming than the other. I went back to my room, showered and snuggled up on the ground.

Truth is, even when my parents were around we didn't have a very fortunate lifestyle going on, another reason the Alpha didn't give two shits about me.

Closing my eyes while I lay on the ground I fell into a deep sleep that opened me up to a dream.

I was lying on my old bed in the mustard yellow room in the old house. My mother was sitting on the bed next to me as she brushed my hair from my face. She looked the same. Her honey blonde hair wrapped in a neat bun at the top of her head and eyes the same color of mine looked back at me. I missed her so much I just wanted to reach out to her and hug her. I didn't want to lose her again. Everything went wrong when they died or left, I wanted to ask her why or what really happened but as soon as I opened my mouth she began speaking, her voice overriding mine. It was a story.

The story.

"The Vincent Twins.
Payne and Payge.
Born of the great Darius and his mate.
Their mother, born and raised in rogue packs also died in one. She refused to join into her mate's pack and so when she gave birth and died years after, Darius kept his children. Both were the exact and complete resemblance to their mother and because of her incapability to fight for her life he raised his children to be the opposite of her.

She was kind, he made them evil, she was weak, he made them strong, she was a peacemaker, he made them merciless

The ways in which he got them to become these ways were a terror to all children.

When the boy, Payne was of age to inherit the Alpha role he had insisted his sister be his right hand Beta and so when the day came to recieve his throne he confronted his father but his father was anything but happy at his declaration. He whipped and beated Payne that day and laughed in his face to his feeble attempt to stand up against his father.

The next day Payne and Payge teamed up against their father and tourtured him in many ways before they finally killed him. Legend has it that the late Alpha's head is stored inside the castle.

So as it should have been, Payne became the Alpha and his sister took the Beta role. They rule and are feared because of their love to destroy. They have no feelings of mercy or love because those two things weren't shown to them when growing up.

The worst thing possible is for a werewolf to fall on their territory, they are known to be very possessive over what they have because of how hard they worked for it. If you trespassed death is the punishment..... "

She went on, her voice the beautiful melodic tune it always was but I couldn't hear the other words, the room and my mother vanished and suddenly I was standing in the middle of the forest no clearing or path just trees. It was in the night. The breeze was cold and the big yellow moon above gave me enough lighting to notice a form bent over a little way in front of me. It was Payne. He was naked and hunched over, his back facing me as he held his knees to his chest and sat on the ground. He was still and the tattoos on his back were revealed by the light from above.

There were letters, scars and drawings of multiple signs. They weren't just tattoos. They were warnings written in a foreign language but for some strange reason I could understand them.

The first one was a mix up of letters that looked like the letter S and H blended together. It meant son of destruction. The other was similar but more like the drawing of a snake, it meant killer of thy father and the others were a repeat of the two, murderer, destruction and ironically there was the one design in the center of his back. It was a sign of some sort but it meant Pain.

There was a lump in my throat for some reason and I heard my sobs and I felt the hot tears running down my cheeks. The scars on his back began to glowing, they covered up the signs, warnings and the scar lines that were everywhere and ran deep into his flesh almost to his bone. When I thought it couldn't get any worse the scars began to bleed. O dear god no!

My breathing started to pick up, my chest rising and falling and the need to get to him over powered me. I could tell he was in pain but he didn't move. His head bowed into his chest as he sat there but I needed to get to him. He didn't deserve this however awful he seemed.

I began running toward his sitting form and I could feel the cold wind hitting my face as I kept on running but for some reason I couldn't get to him. I would pass trees and jump over boulders on the ground but nothing happened. He was right in front of me but I couldn't reach him no matter how fast or hard I tried. My hands were out and I tried to badly to reach out but it seemed as though I was running in one spot and never moving forward.

One thing was noted in this dream though, I'll never reach him.

*********
"Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep !!!!" The alarm went off bringing me back from my terrible nightmare.

There was something wet on my face and I quickly wipped it off only to notice it was my tears. My heart was still racing as if I truly did run so much in reality but it was just a dream.

Who was I kidding. It wasn't just a dream it was my subconscious reminding me who the real Payne Vincent is and that I'll never get him. No matter how hard I tried.

The thought had my chest feeling as though it was caving in but I quickly got to my feet and into the shower. I was already late yesterday, I couldn't manage to do the same today.

The warm water in the bath was just what I needed to calm my nerves. To be blunt though? I was a mess. I remember now, everything. Payne had been through hell and I want so badly to take it all away.I wanted to be there for him and be the one to make the big bad wolf change. I needed to talk to him.

Getting out of the shower and towel drying my hair I left it in a fuzzy messy and changed into a pair of baggy sweats and a T-shirt. Did I mention that the few undies in here were my size? Well they are. Weird but I'm thankful. It wasn't like they went through much trouble to get stuff, I'm barely 38B.

Putting my hair in a pony tail and shoving my feet in my converse I waited for Payne to come for me. Waited and waited ,sitting on the edge of the bed and staring at the door waiting for him to burst through.

I kept checking the time on the clock. Five minutes late then ten. Twenty, forty. An hour.

I stopped waiting when the clock showed the time and he was three hours late.

He wasn't coming.

________________________

Like?
Vote comment lovelies.

Xoxo
Random.