Chapter Thirty One | Maybe, Maybe not

__________________

Alexis P.O.V

Payne hugged me back.

A hot pink blush covered my face.

Dear Goddess above he hugged me back!

Lying on the floor in my room I wanted to squeal and jump up and down like a crazy person but I kept it cool. The real party was going on inside me.

After our lenghtened hug I had dismissed myself unsure what else to do then came here. I had said good night and that was it.

We were leaving tomorrow.

We.

Payge, Payne and I.

I seriously couldn't wait but there still was tension between the two and that was going to create a huge problem.

They'll make up though.
Hopefully.

Rolling onto my back I looked up at the tall ceiling above me. This was my last night here.
Last night on this ground.
Last night with these horribly ugly hallways.

This was it.
And most of all, I was actually getting somewhere with Payne.
Everything was sort of falling into place but there was a massive problem with Payge being pregnant. The father was probably the blonde dude but either way, Payne would kill them all. All the men she's ever been with.

With the memory of his touch on my skin a smile crept upon my lips. Him hugging me back was probably the best thing that has ever happened in my life even though in the moment he seemed to need that hug more than I did.

I don't know exactly how long after those thoughts, sleep finally came to me and I fell into a peaceful bliss.

*****
I woke to the sound of someone knocking on my bedroom door. A little while after the door flung open to reveal a very fresh and neatly dressed Payne. In a pair of black jogger pants that hung gorgeously on his hips and a black hoodie with the hood down he looked absolutely dark and mysterious. He looked himself.
His hair was a black spiky mess on his head and he seemed to have left it free on purpose, if only he knew how hot it made him look.

"You're drooling." At that I stupidly looked down trying to see if he was right. He wasn't, and guess how foolish I must have looked trying to see my own drool. My face was on fire.

Then I realized I probably had morning hair and looked like a mess while he looked like a greek God.

Groaning and covering my face as I got up and rushed to the bathroom I heard a husky laughter follow me and I silently cursed him.

Then scolded myself for doing such. Obscene language wasn't my thing. Thanks to Payne I found myself picking up his dirty words.

"Just to be clear I wasn't drooling!" I yelled at the door whilst stripping and getting into the shower.

"Of couse you weren't." He replied dryly and I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

I smiled at that. This was the fun, normal side of Payne. I had to keep him like this because in the blink of an eye it could all change.

"Are we leaving now?" I asked curiously and I felt my excitement swell inside me.

"No." My smile dropped, my heart followed. I entered the shower.

"There was a change of plans. Payge will be leaving ahead of us. We'll be leaving to make it for the party tonight."

I almost drowned. In a shower. That wasn't even on yet.
Or maybe it was a heart attack.