Chapter fifteen | Name it

Back to Alexis P.O.V I hope you guys enjoyed Payne's though. Now let's see what's going on with her.

Alex's P.O.V

"Let's go," He said and I tried to contain the relief I felt.

He was here. He showed and after what happened last night I wouldn't have been surprised if he didn't come but he did.

Don't over thinking this Alexis.

His cold exterior was on and he looked like the stone wall I've been seeing since I arrived here so I knew aside from what happened last night, he's still the cold Payne.

Fixing my loose blonde tendrils behind my ears I got off the bed and straightened my clothes and followed Payne out the door. I had no idea what chore he was going to give me today but I was still happy I would be able to spend the day with him.

Yeah yeah, I know I'm messed up but come on... As if I could defy fate?

Walking down the dull hallway I glanced up at Payne. His face and jaw was hard and his face distant as he stared straight ahead deep in thought. I couldn't help but wonder what possible things could be going through that head of his.

"So what am I doing today?" I asked and he kept his form as he replied.

"Food. I haven't eaten yet." He answered and I nodded my head. Just like the made who comes and drops my meals for me I was his but I had to prepare it in front of him. The maid doesn't come until later in the morning so Payne wasn't the only one who hadn't eaten yet.
I've never been to the kitchen in here before and although I was used as a punching bag home I had a bit of knowledge when it came to cooking. Not much but at least I knew how to not set the house on fire. I couldn't mess up today, I made a huge mess of things last time with getting cut and all. Good thing was it was only a scar on my skin now, almost gone.

Making our way through the hallways Payne took a right and I followed after him. There was an upcoming door and I saw that there was a bright light coming from the room. When we reached to the door Payne reached for the knob and pushed it open revealing a very bright room. The room was painted in a cream color that illuminated the place beautifully. The appliances were a shiny black and the counters were made out of black marble. It was absolutely beautiful and the most normal looking room in the entire castle. There was a black with glass surface dining table at the corner of the room near a window where the veiw of the forest showed through.

I haven't been in here more than a few seconds and it had already turned into my favourite room in the castle and not just because it had food in it.

Payne walked away from me and took a seat by the table as he stared out into the woods. For a second I watched him like that. He was stiff but beautiful as he sat there. I got a view of the back of his head where I now noticed the hair was trimmed short whereas the top had the most hair with a bang that hung dreamily in his face.

The brightness of the room made his hair look even darker and the black clothes he wore made him look like a black dot on a blank page. With a little bit of blue thanks to the stripe in his shirt.

"What would you like to eat?" I asked trying to get something to do so that I wouldn't just stay standing there by the door being awkward as I admired him.

"A sandwich. Lots of meat, no vegetables except lettuce and tomatoes. I don't like onion breath so no onions, lots of ketchup and cheese," I smiled a bit and nodded my head. If he only knew how alike we were in sandwiches except I wasn't into that whole tomato stuff.

"Bread is in the oven I only eat home made. Cheese, meat, tomatoes and lettuce are in the fridge in the draw at the bottom...the ketchup is around there as well," He added while I made my way over to the appliances. I washed my hand by the sink and turned back to Payne. He had changed his position and was now with his two feet untop the table crossed at the ancles and his head was bent back with his toned tattooed arms covering his eyes. The sight of the tattoos brought back memories of the dream and the scars that laid beneath them.