Chapter Fifty Three | Preparation

Update?
Yasss
Picture above
Made by poisonblood
Thanks so much :*
___________

Alexis P.O.V

Two weeks later

"Alexis! Where are you?! You better run !! When I find you I'm gonna ..." He let the threat drag on.

I was so dead.

"Catch me if you can!"

Running around the finally redone house I searched for a hiding spot. The kitchen was a definite no. Couldn't go to my room because that would mean running toward Payne because if I was correct he should be coming down the stairs right about-

"Alexis!"

-now

I ran to the first door down the hallway. Getting into the room I slammed the door shut and locked it.

"You run too fast! It's not fair! My feet are short!" My laughter together with my loud breaths echoed around the room I was in and I could hear my pounding heartbeat.

This was fun.

For the past two weeks Payne and I surprisingly have been on very good terms. Meals together each day sometimes at the pack house or in between I'd cook followed by cute couple activities -which I'd never think he'd be up to but still come up with -like watching movies together, (sometimes horrors which freaked me out on another level) and going on strolls around the estate. We talked a lot and Payne seemed pretty comfortable talking to me about anything now. Occasionally I'd ask him how he felt and what he was really thinking and today I was proud to say we were making a lot of progress.

But now, I know he was going to be extremely pissed.

Loud knocking on the door had me jumping back a bit in a fit of laughter and I checked to make sure the door was still locked.

"Alexis, open the door!"

"Never!" I shoved me tongue out at the door.

A loud sigh was heard. Then the soft knock as he pressed his head against the door.

"Alexis, baby, open the door. I just want to talk to you. I miss seeing you."

I snorted. "I'm not falling for that."

"Open the door Alexis."

"Or what? Are you going to huff and puff and blow the door down?" I couldn't help my laughter at my own joke. He didn't laugh.

"Open. The. Door. I'm not afraid to break it down."

"Do it then."

*Bang!*

Payne literally kicked the door and his foot came straight through. His arms came through the hole he'd made and broke off the extra pieces of the wooden make and he climbed through like the scary, tall, giant he was.

I had to cover my mouth with my hands to suppress my laughter.

Payne doesn't bluff.

Backing up into the room I was in only now I noticed the dark green walls around us.

Taking quick steps back I hit the back of my knee on something hard and went down.

The next loud thud was me falling to the ground.

Then Payne's laughter above me.

"Stop it!" I croaked out trying to rub the back of my head with my hand.