Chapter seven | Something else

Please vote, comment and follow me guys.

How lucky am I to be Payne's servant? Not lucky at all.

We headed down the empty dark colored hallways as Payne directed me to my new room. I felt a wave of nausea run through my body at the thought of having a room in this place. I could already see the grime and dirt covering the horrid room I was about to enter but getting a room at all was a sign that I was about to stay here and my staying was the last thing on my mind. I didn't want to stay here, there's no hope for me here. It'll be the full definition of torture. Having to be the servant of a mate that would never want me and sadly enough I know that there will always be a part of me that will hope for something but that same hope will be the ruination of me. Our bond was the pull to him for me.Just being around him will be torture and the monster that he is leaves the possibilities of what he will do to me as his servant endless. That threat could be followed through with.

We keep walking in a awkward silence, his last statement cut so deep leaving me speechless and there wasn't any possible response to that. The look of satisfaction on his face was even more irritating than the fact I couldn't tell him back something that would affect him. I don't think anything actually does affect him. Maybe this wasn't me. This whole tough girl act, it really wasn't me. I was used to being silent and my opinions never mattered so I didn't share them and if I did there would be a serious beating at the end of my sentence. I've been through so much the average nightmare of dying is like a day dream to me, the true horrors that really ruin my mind are scenes that could put the average person in a month of depression.

I want to be tough, to prove everyone wrong, I'm not useless or a waste of time and space. I have wants and needs like everyone else. I've had a dream of being free ever since my parents died but at the time I dreamt of being freed of the pain of grief, when I was back at the pack, I wanted to be free of all the pain that they inflicted on me.

"Payne !! You stupid asshole. How could you give me that girl as a servant? I already have José as mine. Take back yo—what are you doing?" Payge came rushing down the hallway yelling at Payne but as soon as she saw the two of us together her previous sentence got warped because of her curiosity. She was looking as brilliant as ever. Her long pale legs revealed by her black shorts under a lilac T-shirt and she wore knee length black boots with incredible heels. Her black hair set in a high messy bun at the top of her head, she looked comfortable but the look on her face was one of deep confusion. She was incredibly beautiful and I thank the gods she was his sister and not anyone else staying with him.

"Leave it alone Payge." He growled out and we both continued walking and met her still form in the hallway.

"Leave it alone? Fuck you!" She spat out and walked up to Payne with menacing eyes, she only stopped when she was eye to eye with him and I could see the anger on her face. He paused in his steps and I followed at his side. I didn't know where we were heading we passed the doorway to my cage a while back. The look Payge gave Payne even gave me goosebumps, this girl was really something to be afraid of but Payne didn't seem affected. His face as blank and emotionless as it always is yet it still was a beautiful sight to behold.

"Payge, get out of the way. You don't want the girl? fine! send her to someone else. I already have a new servant and I'm in no mood to deal with your pointless tantrum." He growled out and she backed off a little and eyed me.

"You're still alive..... How interesting." She remarked dragging her words, her tone and words soft almost as if she didn't want to startle me. She gave me a quizzical look and starred at me intently and finally Payne saved me from her gaze by stepping between the two of us. She shook her head as if clearing her thoughts and left. Walking past the both of us and into a side hall. Damn this huge place for being so huge and filled with halls that seem never ending.

The walk continued but was cut short when finally we turned into a hallway and there were two doors on the end of the way. I officially hate this huge and weirdly built place. So much space and hallways, its scary close to a maze in here. The entire place didn't show the kind of warmth a place you called home had. It wasn't welcoming and friendly instead it was cold. It was exactly Payne and Payge's style though, emotionless and dead.

"This one." He muttered, his voice cold and his face showing absolutely nothing. It was frustrating trying to read this idiot, guess I should stop but even though I hate to admit it, I want to figure him out. He's supposed to be mine,the moon goddess matched us there must be a reason. Maybe I'm his redemption or something but how do I even start? I'm afraid to do the wrong thing or say the wrong thing, the man is deadly and I mean he did choke me a bit and is assigning me to be his servant, a.k.a slave. Maybe with my serving him we'd be around each other more and something... No that's ridiculous. Just look at him.

I stole one more glance at his beautiful face as he leant forward and opened the door to the room. His eyes were lowered to the knob and his long lashes swept his high cheek bones. His straight nose was a perfect shape and his light pink lips were an even size on his face even though they were mostly in a straight line or a snarl. Gosh... he was handsome but his stormy grey eyes were telling me the secrets he wasn't, even though he hid his emotions. His eyes had a shadow in them, the ghost of pain in his eyes. If only I could pick at the memory of the story my mother had told. The twins were a legend and I'm sure there brutality wasn't something they were born with. They were cursed with it. His sister though, she showed more than him,not much but easier to break, maybe I should start with her... But what would that do? What would all this prove? Something, someone like Payne didn't look easy to break but if I did get through to him, then what? Could he love .. Could he love me? ...why am I even fooling myself like this,what happens when his sister declines me and my trying and they both laugh at me for trying to fix a monster... I am a broken toy but he is something else, something worse and even though I knew it, my wolf didn't want to back down. She was weak but she was pushing and fighting me to try even though there's a high chance I'll fail.

Mates were mates for a reason.

I shook my head and cleared my thoughts not surprised when I closed my eyes tightly to find them filled with tears but thankfully they didn't shed. I didn't need him to think I was any weaker than he already knew. He opened the door and reached in for a light switch and I heard the snap as it came on lighting up the entire place.

My eyes opened wide to the sight in front of me. The room was a cream and dark brown color with a king sized bed positioned in the middle of it with cream sheets. A cream and golden carpet covering the ground and the light came from a chandelier light hanging in the middle of the room and there was a door on the other side of the room. A bathroom I supposed and there was a wardrobe next to it and a vanity set near the window to my right.

"Wow." The room was absolutely beautiful and I couldn't believe he actually gave me a place like this, I expected rags and a mattress for a bed. I never expected something as grand as this. I entered into the room and he stood his ground near the door. I couldn't feel the carpet through my converse but it looked so soft. I turned ready to tell him how grateful I was for the room but my words diminished as I saw the look on his face. He was angry, his lips tighter than usual and the glimer of rage in his eyes. Dear Lord ... I felt my skin prickle at the sight and my instincts were telling me to run, hide or something but I was scared frozen in place.

"There is an alarm on the side table, set the alarm for six tomorrow morning, you will wake, ready yourself and dress in the clothes in the wardrobe. I will come for you at half six and I will show you to the kitchen where you'll prepare my breakfast and your day will include whatever I want you to do for me. I don't care what you do but make sure you're ready for me. The window is sealed only for view and if you even try running again I will kill you without hesitation. With that said your door will not be locked but do not go out without me if you want to live." His tone was clipped and I could see he was trying not to channel his rage out to me but the distaste he had was clear in his eyes. How naive of me to think I have hope in getting close him but naive as I was I couldn't give up. I raised my chin high and met his stare with a soft one of my own. "Good night." I muttered softly. There was a confused look on his face and his eyebrows arched a bit but then, without a word. He left, the only sound remaining was the slamming of the door.

__________________________

Vote, comment and follow guys

Xoxo
Random