Chapter ten | Pain and Payne

So maybe when Payne said lets go clean that cut and take care of it and bla bla bla, the image of us sitting, facing each other having a moment as he caressed my hands and gently applied ointment and a bandage to my deep cut was running through my mind. Well not really, I'd partially given up on this but something about his tone had me itching to just wait things out, however I was all in my head but never in all those pathetic thoughts did I think it would work out and be like this:

"Stop moving your hand!" He growled out trying to catch a grip of my palm but good luck with that good looking version of Frankenstein.

After he deliberately threw a ton of very strong whatever it was in that clear bottle over there into my palm I'm sure the scream that left my mouth traveled throughout this whole damned castle. So hell no ! I am not staying still for him to put anymore of ANYTHING on my hand.

"It hurts! It hurts!" I squealed lamely as he finally got a grip on my hand and pulled out another bottle with brown colored ointment and a cotton swab and was preparing to throw it on my hand.

"O my god no!" I screamed trying to pull my hand away. He was not putting whatever brown liquid in there in my cut. That probably was going to hurt like hell too.

"You know, you didn't mind the pain when you dipped your hand in the disinfectant water and when you pressed your hand on the barb-wires. From the looks of it I actually assumed you like the pain. Now stay still or I'll stick my tumb in it and make you really scream." His voice was calm and all the more scarier and my hand instantly froze.

"In case you're wondering. I hate yo-SHIT!!" My words blended as I screamed once again as he connected my palm with the cotton swab with whatever brown liquid was in the bottle. It stung like a bitch! I mentally cringed because of my use of foul language I never fancied using really, but in pain, whatever came out my mouth just did. No filter available.

"In case your wondering I really don't care about how you feel about me. Hate is a really good option in that area. You'll get nowhere with anything else." He stated matter-a-factly. Like I didn't know this already.

"No shit." I muttered through winces as he dabbed the cotton and finally removed it wasting not a second as he wrapped my hand in a bandage.

He lifted his gaze for a moment and as his grey eyes met my blue ones the world stopped.

I couldn't breath. His face was too close and I could see every single detail and it was simply perfect.

"When you scream you sound like a squealing pig," I was about to be offended but a miracle happened after he said it, He smiled. A full grin with his perfect white pearls. He looked even better smiling and I felt a warm tingling run through my body even if he was laughing at me, I was still the cause of his smile and I melted into a puddle. Sadly.

"I so do not. You're just mean." He shook his head and his eyes move from mine and lingered on something else but soon after returned to mine. They were intense as ever but this time it wasn't as scary as I knew them to be.

"That I am, but atleast I don't squeal when I'm in pain." His voice was the deep monotone but I could sence a change in his mood as we spoke.

He wasn't the grumpy goat I classified him to be anymore. He was actually in a normal kind of mood.

Interesting.

I couldn't help the smile on my face that grew, I couldn't hold it in any longer. His smile wasn't noticeable since his pearly whites had disappeared and became something close to a smile but wasn't.

My smile was full on and I didn't know a slight blush had come onto my face until I felt my face heat up. His eyes were staring into my soul. Dear lord how could this be so intense and even though it wasn't the romantic stuff it was nice to talk to a loosened up version of Payne Vincent. The scariest man on earth when upset and more so when he's calm. He's like an atomic bomb just waiting to happen.

His eyes scanned my face for a second and as if he caught a glimpse of my blush and the way I looked at him and maybe the way the mood was changing into something I had hoped for, his face was a few inches away from mine and his features were the same gorgeous frame. Pink full lips, grey stormy looking eyes, arched brows, smooth jawline and his straight nose. He was beyond beautiful with his black hair and his side bang hanging a little into his face.

This all changed though because the second he realized how intense everything was getting his mouth set in a straight line his eyes turning cold again and I could see his body stiffen.

Shit. The Grumpy Goat was back. Prepare for impact because his goat horns were going to stab me where it hurt in three seconds.

Three

He straightened and sat up from the seat he was on.

Two

He cocked his head to the side and raised a brow.

One.

He spoke.

"As much as I'd love to stare into your eyes and have a moment that would mean nothing to me but the world to you, I have things to do. Go to your room. I believe you know the way. I'll come get you when I need you."

I couldn't even feel surprised.

___________________________

Short yes I know but I hope it was worth it. What do you guys think of Payne and Alex? Comment and vote guys. Next chapter will be up soon. Thank you to all my readers and the people who voted. I am thankful for any and all feedback you guys give me and I do hope I meet your expectations with this book. I have a lot planed for these two and I hope you love what I have in store.
Until next chapter...
Xoxo
Random..