Chapter Fifty One | Fountain

Alexis P.O.V

Its been a week since I've been up from my little almost dying activity.

Payge left yesterday to go up to the mountains and I hadn't seen Payne since I told him to stay away from me.

Rumour has it that he had destroyed the entire interior of the house and was presently in a state of anger and depression and the whole part of the estate where the cottage was located was off limits to anyone in the pack unless they wanted Payne to release his wrath on them.

Currently I was staying in the pack house, in a bedroom on the top floor, furthest to the right since Payge said it'll be easier for me to move in here than for her to set up everything in a completely new house. She also said it was better for me to be around more people instead of being alone where Payne could have easily found and kill me.

I was grateful for her concern but I knew he wasn't going to hurt me.

 Sitting up on the bed I yawned and stretched out my arms. In the mansion it seemed as though the curtains were set by a device and every morning the bedroom curtains would open at approximately seven in the morning, letting the bright sun rays in and evidently waking you up unless your face was stuffed into the pillows.

The light completely covered the interior of the room I was in and the purple furniture and walls was a bright contrast compared to the gray sheets I was lying on.

Throwing off the blankets I walked into the bathroom where I did my morning business and fixed myself up.

A few minutes later I stepped out of the shower and faced myself in the mirror over the sink.

I looked completely exhausted and tired, despite now getting up.

Most importantly, I hadn't cried in like, a day or two.

So my eyes weren't all that puffy.

My hair was a honey blonde mess that needed Christ intervention.

I didn't even bother with my facial features.

Going into the walk in closet filled with the clothes Payne had gotten to me my heart sunk –like it had, every time I came in here to change– and pulled out a long sleeve blue sweater and white cropped pants.

My hair, that looked like it had the devil inside, I wrapped into a huge messy bun.

I couldn't deal with my face. So I pretended it wasn't there. I had no one to impress here and from what I've seen, everyone here keeps their distance from me other than a few hundred glances and some serious eyeballing as if I was a ticking bomb waiting to go off.

Maybe I was.

Payne's bomb had already exploded but the damage was
extensive in a portion of the estate.

I missed him. I seriously did but what little pride I had was telling me to stay away just a little longer.

Space.

We needed space and time.

Leaving the room I made my way down the hallways then down two staircases then into the huge lobby.

Walking down the staircase it was no surprise that I caught the eyes of everyone around. The people staying in the pack house were around my age or a few years older. None of these people here were mated and maybe the fact that I was mated and more specifically to their alpha gave me some sort of authority over them but that wasn't like me. I couldn't be a Luna. I'd take the title but I wouldn't be able to act the role.