T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Dedicated to: parknanaaaa_
-

Chapter 23: Hopes - Less than what is expected

Chanyeol

"No, I can just go home myself. Bye."

"Hello?" Okay, she just hung up on me when I was trying to express my kindness towards her. How great. "Oppa, so?" Krystal asked again. "She will go back herself. Let's drive you home right now first." I said and started the engine again.

"Actually, oppa.." her voice sounds down and troubled. I glance at her, she is pouting. "Why?" I smile for her to continue. "I'm afraid to let you stay with Eunbyul alone in the house." She continued. "Aigoo, look at how cute my love is when she is jealous." I said and slight pinch her cheek.

"Oppa~!" She whined and pouted again. "No, why would you be afraid? I won't like her. I mean like, look at her right now. You know I only love you right?"

She kept silent for a while and I thought she gave up in this talk. I don't want it to become an argument between us. "Really? If that's so, then I'm fine." She held my free hand tightly. "Of course." I smile and caressed her hand.

"By the way, oppa. I've a surprise for you soon, and I know you will like it. It's for our 5th Anniversary 2 weeks later." Her voice is full of confidence.

What is it?

"Okay, I'm looking forward for that." I kissed her hand and caress near my cheek.

-

"I'm homed!" I beamed as I walked towards the hall. Butler Lee bowed and greeted me with a smile on his face.

"Is Eunbyul back?" I whispered. But why am I being so sneaky about it? "Oh, yes. She came home 2 hours ago. And now, she is at the back garden, with Daebak." He replied and walked away.

Daebak? Is she really that free to be playing with it every single day? While walking towards the backgarden, I heard someone singing.

Walking closer, I saw Eunbyul singing for Daebak. She is singing the song Gone by Jin. I didn't know her voice is like that, she has a high pitched voice which ends like the sweetest melody I have ever heard.

To be honest, she sounds better than Krystal and the others in the choir group. I didn't want her to notice I was there and let her end her song smoothly.

However, Daebak saw me and ran towards me happily. Eunbyul turned and look at me in shock and surprise while standing up awkwardly.

"W-why are you here?" She asked me in shock. "Just got here, what are you doing?" I acted like I didn't hear her singing.

"Ah, I was playing with Daebak." She replied and smile while adjusting her black coloured glasses.

"Oh, is that so." I said and pet Daebak who is wagging its tail at me. "Daebak misses you." She said and smile. I nodded. Yes, I didn't have time to take care of it. Because of Krystal and studies, thank god that she is always here for Daebak.

She starts to play with Daebak while I just stood there looking at them.

Then, I realised her face. Her bangs covered her forehead and her black glasses that fit just perfectly with her face. She has a beautiful face that I didn't realise at all from the start.