T H I R T Y - F O U R

Chapter 34: His Farewell || Her Sadness

Chanyeol

I cracked opened the main door and Butler was walking towards me with a smile. He is always smiling, I wonder if he is actually tired though. It's like 2am right now.

I bowed at him slightly and went up, what Kyungsoo said at the café keeps on echo in my head.

"I'm leaving, for New York."

"And, I know I can't take care of Eunbyul when I'm gone. I hope that you would do that, she is now like a family to me."

He is leaving and wants me to take care of that woman in behalf of him. Is he kidding me? Why must I do what he wanted me to do. He didn't even know everything that happened.

"No, Chanyeol. It's YOU don't know, not me."

"It's just what I want you to do, I don't want to force you."

He said he won't force me, but why do I have a feeling that I must do it even if he did not force me? Do I pity her right now? And does she even know that Kyungsoo is leaving her?

I ruffled my hair in frustration and walked towards the balcony to have some fresh air before closing the balcony door.

I glance around and my eyes automatically stopped at her balcony. She was lying at the sofa with her eyes gently closed. The wind is so strong and she is sleeping there? Is she trying to die here?

Without even thinking, I immediately jogged to her room and opened her door. Taking steps closer to her I notice her diary on the table, flipped to the lastest page with a pen as a book mark.

Being curious I walked near to the table, planning to take a glance at her diary but accidentally, I hit the side of her bed which cause a loud bump. I heard her stood up and looked at me with a sleepy and surprised expression.

"C-Chanyeol?" She called out and rubbed her eyes. "What are you doing.. in my room?" She asked. "I-I j-just happened to walked pass your room and wanted to off the lights, since it's on." I sighed in relieve since I thought of a good excuse within a few seconds.

"Is that so? Okay." She replied me with her tired face. I nodded and walked out of her room without any hesitation.

-

Eunbyul

School was pretty normal today again, but it's better after the bullying incident that Kyungsoo helped. I don't get bullied as much as last time and even if I got bullied, it will just be a small prank.

I took the books from my locker and walked towards the next class. Out of my surprised, someone tapped my shoulder.

"Eunbyul~" He called out with a smile. "Ah, hi Baekhyun." I smiled back and locked my locker. "Can I help you?" I asked politely. "I've something to tell you. Are you free right now?" I stared at his serious face.

"I've English lesson, but I guess it's okay to skip that." I smile and nodded. "Sure." He gestured me to follow him.

We went up to the rooftop where the whole school can be seen. He settled down at a bench near the sides and patted the seat beside him. I settled down awkwardly.

Well, it's not that Baekhyun isn't nice but the silent awkwardness now is swallowing me.

"Eunbyul," He spoke up suddenly. "Hm?" I answered as a reply. "There is something about Kyungsoo that I couldn't tell you. He told us this morning, I don't know if I should tell you. But I thought that you should know about this." He continued.