Chapter Six

I was extremely exhausted when I got home that night, but I couldn't fall asleep because my tablet kept beeping with a Z-mail notification. It was a Z-mail from mom and dad.

Michael,

Let us start off by saying how dare you not Z-mail us. It's been three days, I'm sure you could have found some to time to write to us. But then again we can't be too mad at you considering you're busy with a mission that Elder Ashton appointed you to. We're so proud of you.

Tell us all about your mission, have you found the girl yet? When will you be coming home? Please write back to us soon and be safe. We love you.

Mom & Dad

I did feel bad for not writing to them soon, but I've been kind of busy with trying to fit into the group. I quickly sent a letter back closed my tablet and I drifted off to sleep.

*•*•*
The next morning got dressed, and had breakfast. I realized I hadn't seen Luke all morning, so I marched up the stairs, and went straight into his room without even knocking.

He was curled up in a ball on his bed rocking back and forth. The boy was traumatized.

"Still freaked out about last night?" I asked. He just nodded mumbling some inaudible words under his breath. "Your so innocent it's weird." I rolled my eyes.

Twenty minutes later I had finally gotten Luke to get dressed, and we made our way across the street to Mel and Cal's house. Before we even got inside the house we could here them yelling at each other.

"You are not inviting her over!" Mel screamed.

"She's my girlfriend I can invite her over whenever I want to!" He yelled back at her.

"Girlfriend? You've known her for four days, and you can't expect me to act all normal sitting in a room with her after seeing you two yesterday doing the nasty!" She countered.

"Is this a bad time?" I interrupted not knowing if it was a good idea or not.

They both looked at me then back at each other with angered stare. "No I was just leaving." Mel shouted.

"And I was just going to go hangout with Giselle." Calum shouted back.

"Come on Michael." Mel said angrily grabbing me by the wrist, and dragging out the door.

"Let's go Luke." Calum said shoving Luke out the door.

Melody dragged me by the wrist all the way until we got to the tree house. I watched quietly from where I was leaning against the tree as she proceeded to kick rocks, stomp on plants, and shout a string of swear words.

She didn't look like she was going to calm down. Suddenly I remember I had a power band the would get people to relax. I pulled the lavender coloured bracelet off my wrist, and squeezed it in my hand. I instantly felt a wave of relaxation wash over me.

I made my way over to Melody who was busy stomping on a plant. I started rubbing her arm while saying "Mel calm down." I could feel the relaxation energy rushing out of the hand that was touching Melody and I could immediately see her start to calm down.

She dropped down to the floor just sat there in the dirt, and I bent down to join her.

"What even happened back there with Calum?" I asked.

She took a deep breath, and then spoke. "He was planning on inviting Giselle to come over again. I told him I didn't want her coming over today, and he got all mad and defensive."