Chapter Nine

Michael's POV

Three days later, and Luke and Calum still weren't talking to each other. Luke hadn't left his room since Giselle left that day she came over.

Today I was going to hang out with Mel as per usual, so I asked if he wanted to come. He just mumbled something about Calum giving him another black eye, and buried himself deeper in the blankets on his bed.

It kind of sucked to see him this sad, but I've only known him for two weeks and I have no idea what to do when people are sad.

Walking into Mel's house I found her standing at the bottom of the staircase shouting, "You'll have to come down for food at some time!"

Calum's voice answered from a somewhere upstairs. "If you don't think I have a stash of food under my bed you don't know me at all." She sighed dropping down to sit on the bottom step.

"Calum still hasn't come out of his room." She rolled her eyes.

I joined her on the stairs. "Neither has Luke."

She looked up at me. "What are we going to do?"

There was only really one thing we could do.

"Ignore everything ever happened and go get pizza." I responded fully believing that was the best possible way I could have answered that question. Instead of agreeing with me she slapped my arm.

"No stupid. We need to talk to them." She scolded me.

"Oh yeah that was gonna be my next answer." I lied rubbing my now sore arm.

She hopped off the step, and run up the stairs. I started up the stairs behind her slowly not planning on matching her pace anytime soon.

We walked up to Calum's closed door. She knocked twice, and not even a second later Calum yelled, "Fuck off Mel!" through the door.

"I don't think he wants to talk." I concluded.

"Well I guess since this one doesn't want to express any emotions other than anger let's go talk to Luke." She turned on her heels, and walked back down the stairs.

I followed behind not really convinced that Luke was going to talk either. The only emotion he was capable of expressing was sadness.

About two minutes later we were standing in the middle of Luke's room staring as a giant lump of pillows, and blankets sitting on his bed.

There was no sign of movement or life within the blankets. "Is that Luke." She pointed at the huge pile.

"I'm not really sure." I reached for a blanket, and yanked it off the bed.

Underneath Luke was curled up in a ball. He was surrounded by dozens of candy wrappers he was still wearing the clothes I saw him wearing three days ago, and his hair was a mess. He didn't even seem to notice we were standing there he was too busy staring at his phone.

"Luke? Are you okay." Melody asked hesitantly.

"My best friend of thirteen years hates me for getting a boner while making out with his girlfriend. Of course I'm okay." He smiled sarcastically as he sat up.

"Well our work here is done let go get pizza." I turned to walk out the door, but Melody grabbed me by the back of the shirt, and pulled me back. I tried to ignore the intense glare she was giving name.

She turned back to Luke. "Come on be honest."

"Well if you wanted honesty that's all you had to say." He breathed. "You really need to listen to me, because I'm telling you the truth I mean it I'm okay. Trust me."